Home

I Love The Game, Am I Alone?

This is a discussion on I Love The Game, Am I Alone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #57
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I Love The Game, Am I Alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
As I've said before, it's unrealistic to expect games to ship without flaws. Is it disappointing? Yes, but it's the way of the industry.

IMHO I couldnt disagree more.
Why (as the buying public) shouldnt we expect a finished product?

PS
Happy for you guys who are enjoying the game. Truth is if you like the game that's all that matters.

That Said:

All I keep reading is I love this game BUT.......blah blah blah.....but I still love the game.

Last edited by MikeRo72; 07-16-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72

PS
Happy for you guys who are enjoying the game. Truth is if you like the game that's all that matters.

That Said:

All I keep reading is I love this game BUT.......blah blah blah.....but I still love the game.
Quote:

And this is exactly why EA will never publish a decent product ever again. They have zero motivation to do so when their buying public think like this.

There's always one in these threads.

Anyway loving the game, fully addicted to Campus Legend mode. Love creating pics and vids on EASW. Brother and I are monkeying around with online dynasties, and that looks very promising to me. That's something we've wanted for years.

Last edited by bkrich83; 07-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:

PS

That Said:

Name a single game in the history of video games that has been bug-free. You'll be looking a long time because none exists.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #60
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Name a single game in the history of video games that has been bug-free. You'll be looking a long time because none exists.
Game or any commercial app for that matter.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #61
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

And this is exactly why EA will never publish a decent product ever again. They have zero motivation to do so when their buying public think like this.
Look, it is very possible to love a game that has bugs. 2K5 is my favorite game of all time, but I recognize it had bugs (for instance, horribly inaccurate ball spotting). Those bugs weren't big enough to take away my enjoyment of the game.

Same with NCAA 09. I wish the CPU QB wasn't super-accurate. But it's not making me hate the game.

I see nothing wrong with giving kudos to a game that's enjoyable, even if it does have some bugs. EA has vastly improved their product, as far as I'm concerned - to me, NCAA 08 was awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #62
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I absolutely love the game. I don't expect that disc to leave my 360 until Madden drops. I'm loving every moment of every game, and I'm thankful someone got some working rosters up.

That said, the flaws are atrocious. They're basic QA things. It's actually EASIER for me to forgive game play flaws like the interception issue than it is things like the sliders being shot. Why? Because the sliders could FIX a lot of the issues with the game if they worked correctly.

I was really disappointed about the roster thing because one thing I really wanted to do was get a few of the scout team guys on the roster that'll never actually play a down in real life. It's unrealistic to expect Joe Montana's son to ever make the lineup, but in my little XBox 360 fantasy world, he's got an outside shot:P It's cool enough knowing that Mike Golic's kid might be starting on my o-line in the next couple of years.

But, ultimately, as long as I have a roster that's close enough, I'm satisfied. What I'm not willing to look past and forgive is the sliders. The game is fun... a good set of sliders would make this game the single best in the history of football gaming (until Madden comes out, at least), but alas, we will never have that unless they patch the issue.

MY #1 priority for the patch--- SLIDERS!!!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 07-16-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #63
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

I love it too but when the patch is released it'll be great
Old 07-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Every game ships with bug, but this game's bugs are far more glaring than many other sports games that I can think of. The only game with bugginess to this level I can think of MLB 2K7 (don't play baseball games, but that's what I've heard).

NBA 2K8 had it's fair share of bugs, but NONE were as glaring as QB's not completing below 70% of their passes. Imagine a basketball game where the CPU makes 75% of their shots no matter what, and there's no slider to fix them?

College Hoops 2K8 had their version of EA Locker which was arguably better, and non-arguably less buggy.

So yeah, the game might be fun, but to think a game that appears to have been built with so little care is "one of the greatest football games ever" is completely ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »