Home

Best Defensive Package for 09??

This is a discussion on Best Defensive Package for 09?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Best Defensive Package for 09??

the 3-3-5 has been hot & cold for me. the lack of penetration has rendered my blitzes ineffective & unless it's 3rd & double digits, the cpu always seems to find an open man vs. a zone. i've been decent at bending but not breaking, but the cpu qb going 17-20 w/ 3 int's is now nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I think it depends. Verses the CPU I find the 4-4 is good at cloggin up the middle since them going deep is not much of a threat.

But vs a HUM that 4-4 will get smoked with the new speed factor you need saftey help over the top.

I think human vs human is where the game is going to shine until they patch the small gameplay issues with the CPU
Old 07-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

I haven't had much issue on defense, maybe i'm just lucky. But if it helps I rotate a lot of different looks, many different formations and have found the 5-2 to be very effective, probably the best to get pressure with when you don't want to blitz.

I think just shuffling your formations and plays up will work just fine, as I said my D has been solid, CPU passing game hasn't torn me up but in one game, otherwise i've been able to keep it in check on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #12
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Versus the computer, the 3-3-5 works fine for me. But vs. human is where I am struggling to fine something reliable.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I like the 3-3-5 but I especially like running the 2 Man Under play or anything with "press" in the title. Against the CPU I almost always bring the CBs up tight on coverage. Why? Because the CPU isn't a threat to audible and throw deep and it helps a little on the comeback/curl route.

I know it's only one game but, I was able to hold Stafford to 25-43 and 3 ints with the Gators.

What blitzes have you guys been most successful with? With OSU I've had some success with the middle blitz where the two inside linebackers come straight in. I did get to the MSU QB with a CB blitz.

Last edited by therizing02; 07-16-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

With the 3-3 Stack, I have been able to get pressure if I shift the linebackers around right before the snap, and get them moving so that they can blow through gaps. Other than that, even with an all-out blitz, I can't get consistent pressure. Somehow they can pick up 8 with 5. Math doesn't seem to add up, but it happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »