Home

Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

This is a discussion on Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Maybe you're just the greatest player of all-time. The code required to build a game to compete with your obviously awesome skills hasn't been developed yet because we lack the technology to do so.
LOL Bkrich

Can I just say I always have the urge to climb on your sig picture.......if only I was the one taking the pic. USC would not be there
Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Maybe you're just the greatest player of all-time. The code required to build a game to compete with your obviously awesome skills hasn't been developed yet because we lack the technology to do so.
As much as I have used the fact that I can't be stopped, to increase the size of my ego - I just recently found out that I'm actually not that good after all... It's due to EA's inability to create a slider feature that works.

My ''skills'' will be exposed for what they truly are, now that EA's testers have come up with a plan, that prevents such mistakes from happening in the future.

Sucks to be me, huh?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

My input on this... the OP has a point. The underneath/inside game is far too money, and it works both ways.

Thankfully the computer is not programmed to cheese you to death.

I, on the other hand, can't help it. 2-Jet Flanker Drive, quick slants, and TE drags have been staples of my offense since Madden '94. It's the bread-and-butter of my offensive game, and to make things worse, it seems to me that the play books this year are loaded with those types of plays. To eliminate them from your game plan cuts out a good 80% of your short passing game, and leaves you with hooks and comeback routes with no reasonable chance of YAC.

Thus I sit with a good 70+ completion percentage with YAC coming out my *** and an unstoppable offense against all but the very best defenses. I'm going to experiment with the sliders once someone figures out what does what, and I might end up on All-Madden (a first for me), but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Increased defensive awareness may help, but I don't know what slider affects it:P

Related note-- the problem is exasperated by the curved ratings. Now, overall, I like the curve. It's the first time dominant college players have been, well, truly dominant. If I bring in the new Randy Moss, he's going to be Randy Moss. But the fact that a 99 speed is 9 degrees better than an 98 speed (whatever that means, exactly) means that there really is NO reliable counter for guys with 99 speed. Even a guy with, say, a 91 speed (like my runningback) makes most front-7 players look like they're mired in mud.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor

Sucks to be me, huh?
For that I have no doubts.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #37
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneymill
Well..heres how that makes sense in way. You plan on doubling the WR with your Safety and Corner. You stated that corner is on the outside shoulder, now its probably because he is trying to keep everything inside and where his help(safety) is. So technically your corner is doing his job by forcing everything back inside. Id suggest bringing your safety up, or having your corner play bump and run to allow for a some time for help.

Playing on the outside shoulder is practically inviting slants and such. Its up to the corner to be there to break up the play right away or limit the damage.

Thats just realistic talk...now for what happens in the game. The AI is too ******** or smart, whichever "they" want to think and dont really cover guys in general. You have a guy play a zone but never picks up a guy in his zone unless he runs right in front of him. Or if say no one is in "your" zone, most players will either keep dropping with head on swivel, expanding the zone or rush qb if rollout. But in the recent football games, they will just stand there and watch. Its been like this in all EA football games for many years. You basically have to roam yourself in those situations. Hope it was helpful
Wow man, thanks a lot. That helps a TON. Football is a sport I know enough about, but I can't get super technical. Now if it were baseball, I'm good at situation type stuff.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #38
stewaat

OVR:

I agree with the OP. It is difficult to cover the short stuff and the quickness the CPU snaps the ball limits the amount of time you have to make adjustments to your defense.

I would love 10 seconds to go through and assign blitzes/zones/double teams where I see fit...I'd use the playbook creator but oh yea...

Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
and the quickness the CPU snaps the ball limits the amount of time you have to make adjustments to your defense.

I would love 10 seconds to go through and assign blitzes/zones/double teams where I see fit
I beileve, but don't quote me on this, that the CPU quick snapping you all the time was something they were going to try to address as part of a patch. It's one of the bigger pet peeves of mine actually.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #40
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

So the defense is horribly broken. The question is are you having fun?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »