Home

If you need to rant about your sports games read this.

This is a discussion on If you need to rant about your sports games read this. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: If you need to rant about your sports games read this.

ESPN writer tells me things I already know. Film at 11.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree 100% with this:

Madden's screen-filling pre-snap command menu should come with its own instruction manual. Laudably attempting to add depth and nuance to player control, sports game makers sometimes go too far, forgetting that in all things electronic interface -- from iPods to the Nintendo Wii controller -- less is usually more. 2K Sports doesn't need to revamp its unintuitive NBA 2K "isomotion" dribbling system for the fifth consecutive year; it needs a subscription to Real Simple magazine. And baseball designers take note: if your game features multiple control systems for batting and pitching, that probably means none of them is very good.

Stop trying to improve what was already very good 5 years ago. It seems sorts games have gone from it ain't broke so lets break it.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Great article. I can't say that I don't agree with the guy...We're paying all this money for these games every year and all we ask for is quality..yet....we get half-assed products in need of a "patch". Why can't sports videogames give us sports gamers the same attention to detail that other genres get? Why can't we have a sports game that's in the same caliber of titles like "Gears of War" or "Call of Duty 4" "Bioshock"? Not that I'm saying those games don't have their fair share of issues....I'm just saying that the level of quality is way more apparent when you fire up "Bioshock" versus Madden. I'm waiting for the day when we can get A.I. that behaves like real players would behave. Or like he pointed out in his article, run animations that feel "human-like". I'm still waiting for the day when we can fire up a sports game and think "Man, they really thought of every little detail!"....or "Man, it's scary how realisticly this plays".....Maybe in the distant future..But for now, we're being duped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There is no catch up logic in EA football games!
How would you know
Old 07-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
In 2K football, players move as if they're in the middle of a no-anesthesia colonoscopy
Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
We're paying all this money for these games every year and all we ask for is quality..yet....we get half-assed products in need of a "patch".
Please...please, please, please....create that perfect sports video game for us. Put EA to shame! Give us a full-assed, full-bodied effort!

/sarcasm
Old 07-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #15
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom36
Please...please, please, please....create that perfect sports video game for us. Put EA to shame! Give us a full-assed, full-bodied effort!

/sarcasm
Hey, genius..If you read the rest of my post....you would notice that I stated that all games have their issues....No need to be an *******. I never said I expected a 'PERFECT' game from anyone. You want to pinch your nostrils and drink the stinky water? Be my guest.....I love quality...And if you can sit here and say that any of their latest games even compare to a "Bioshock" or any great game out there AS FAR AS QUALITY goes..then you're not lying to me, but to yourself....

/no sarcasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2

I enjoyed the bit about the middle linebacker jumping 10 yards backwards to pick off the pass that was over his head while covering a running back out of the backfield.

NCAA 03 and, to a lesser extent, 04 was the worst with this. As one of my friends called it "agile Shaq at middle linebacker."

While he knocks the power plays, IE NHL 2000 it was easy to score shorties even down two men-- it has gotten much better in 08 (although that game featured freakishly amazing goalies)- you take a penalty or two in 08, they will score.

Pro evolution has that glitch- basically people online simply use inter or barcelona and dribble to the by-line (goal line) and pass it back- always extra satisftying when you beat those people.
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »