Home

Best way to defend option

This is a discussion on Best way to defend option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Best way to defend option

What is the best way to defend a quarterback option, at least thats what I think its called. It's the play when the quarterback is running out with the running back and then will have the opportunity to lateral it to his running back. I can't seem to stop this play against a human opponent. Any advice would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Best way to defend option

that you are correct its called an option, i normally play in 4-3 and spred the LBs out LB+UP and then control MLB, that normally does the trick but i havent ran into any option offenses yet online
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
that you are correct its called an option, i normally play in 4-3 and spred the LBs out LB+UP and then control MLB, that normally does the trick but i havent ran into any option offenses yet online
Thank you for the help. I've been playing against my friend for like 8 games. This seems to be the only play that works for him consistently. I need to stop his playaction passes as well, does anyone have any idea on how to stop that?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

I would just sit in contain (4-3/Nick depending on his formation) and pray he throws a pick if he is doing PA. No way to pressure or sack the QB during PA, they will hit someone open.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
I would just sit in contain (4-3/Nick depending on his formation) and pray he throws a pick if he is doing PA. No way to pressure or sack the QB during PA, they will hit someone open.
Would you say to stick to a man to man type of play or zone? Its a tough thing to contain for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »