Home

So Basically EA Uses The Consumer As The Game Testers.

This is a discussion on So Basically EA Uses The Consumer As The Game Testers. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #17
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: So Basically EA Uses The Consumer As The Game Testers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
None of the major retailers accept a return on software that was bought new and has been opened.

EA receives and secures their money from the consumer the second one of their games is purchased new.

Also:

Actually in the case of a malfunctioning game, I think the consumer can get their money back. This roster thing can be grounds for return, especially at a place like Gamestop. Maybe not so at Target or Wal-Mart. In the case of bad AI, or robo-QB, however, no.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

What about the people who can't go online to get a patch?

I haven't bought the game yet, mainly because of this problem. But if I did, how would I fix this problem if I don't have XBOX Live?

Do they fix the games and ship out fixed versions later on? Or do they just expect everyone to get the patch?

I don't have a need to pay to play online. I don't really enjoy it that much anyway because of people that play cheesy or quit. Especially with sports games. I'd rather play war games online, but even there there's lots of cheezers.

For example, I'm having problems with my Madden 08 because I haven't paid for XBOX Live to fix anything. The game freezes in my franchise if I "train" my players in the drills before a game. That, and the rookies turning 26 if I edit them in any way.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #19
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Thread closed in three...two...
No real reason to lock it. Nothing obscene, nothing derogatory...I've seen worse. I also have to agree. Paying $60 to be a beta tester is sad for a multi-million dollar organization.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #20
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not trying to be a troll but here is an example of what it should look like when I'm using San Diego St. against LSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAKN...eature=related

I can't believe I paid $20 for that game......Here is another example of how I think line play should be in a video game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJMo...eature=related

EA has the ESPN license but I haven't seen them do anything with it. They have some solid areas but I think they could learn a few things from the 2k engine.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-17-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 AM   #21
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by advisory
What about the people who can't go online to get a patch?

I haven't bought the game yet, mainly because of this problem. But if I did, how would I fix this problem if I don't have XBOX Live?

Do they fix the games and ship out fixed versions later on? Or do they just expect everyone to get the patch?

I don't have a need to pay to play online. I don't really enjoy it that much anyway because of people that play cheesy or quit. Especially with sports games. I'd rather play war games online, but even there there's lots of cheezers.

For example, I'm having problems with my Madden 08 because I haven't paid for XBOX Live to fix anything. The game freezes in my franchise if I "train" my players in the drills before a game. That, and the rookies turning 26 if I edit them in any way.
For the 1000th time, an Xbox live silver account is free, that is all you need to be able to download the patches for any and all games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #22
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
I'll even go as far as saying: if EA wants to use us as testers, that's fine. Just be honest about it, don't insult our intelligence and make sure the patch(s) come out in a timely manner.
Sorry man, we've been trying to tell you guys that for the last week or so; in relatively reasonable tone so as not to rock the boat too much but still loud enough so that any reasonable individual could see what was going on. EA was very upfront and honest as to what you, the consumer, are considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have a list of stuff to fix. But we gotta wait until the game drops and get that 2 day, 500k user beta test to find the REAL bugs! I'll probably start some "official" thread of some kind for the patch next week.

That's what it is man, you paid 60 dollars to join the 30 Million dollar beta project. EA appreciates your business. They look forward to it again once the Madden beta rolls around (half joking, I am really hoping Madden is good this year because I really want to play a football simulation - cautiously optimistic). Maybe next year eh?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there a 12 step program for this disease?

Hi my name is hop706 and I'm an EA-aholic. I have shelled out thousands of dollars for each new offering from EA every year since my Sega days:

Madden
NCAA Football
FIFA
NASCAR
NHL
Tiger Woods

On RARE occasions I have received a season long sense of elation when the game performed flawlessly right out of the box and I was bowled over by new innovations. On EVERY other occasion I was left in the gutter hungover from the glitches, freezes and the ever present lag to name just a few.

I admit I have a problem because every year as the euphoric RELEASE DATE approaches I get the shakes needing my fix to play the newest sports title of the season. Whether it brings me the highest of highs or leaves me in shambles there is one thing for sure.....I will be back to buy the next offering as soon as it comes out.

I know the first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem.....somehow I don't think I will ever be cured.

I am an EA-aholic.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #24
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
For the 1000th time, an Xbox live silver account is free, that is all you need to be able to download the patches for any and all games.
I am so damn sick and tired of hearing how this or that is free, etc., etc. Some people don't want to hassle AT ALL with the process of signing up, buying an ethernet cable, buying wireless, hooking up this or that! Why can't you people get it through your thick skulls?!?!?

WE DON'T WANT TO HASSLE WITH SIGNING UP........FREE OR NOT!!

What we would prefer is to buy a game that works! Or be able to download the patch off the internet and burn it to a cd and put it in the game system and be down with it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »