Home

Share Your House Rules

This is a discussion on Share Your House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Share Your House Rules

While I'm waiting on the roster patch to fix the major bug there, I've just been passing time playing games here and there when I can. Anyways, over the years, I've developed some house rules that I abide by that have helped make my NCAA experience as realistic as possible. Figured I'd share them and see what other people's house rules are too!

Sliders:
- I always use a set.

Game:
- Control one defender the entire play. Usually I control a DE and let the rest of my defense play things out on their own. I've been playing defense that way since '04 and it never fails (for me at least).
- Never choose the same play twice (on offense or defense). I try not to exploit the CPU as much as possible when I play.
- Offense ... throw one deep ball per half. I remember the deep ball used to be money back in the day, so I instituted the rule to not exploit that part of the passing game against the CPU. Still use it.
- Punt/kick returns ... super-sim the result. Instituted this year since the kicking game was essentially broken. A shame, I love that aspect of football but just couldn't deal with the bloated statistics.

Dynasty:
- For a 1* team, recruit only 1* & 2* players in my home state, or a state immediately adjacent to. For example, if I was SMU, I would be allowed to recruit Texas, then Arizona/New Mexico/Oklahoma/Louisiana. Only exception for recruiting a state like Florida or anything not adjacent to Texas is if it's already an established pipeline. Only exception made for recruiting 3* recruits or up is they show interest in my school.
- For a 2* team, same rules apply but now I can recruit 3* players. Exception for 4* recruits or up is they show interest in my school. Adjacent state rule still applies.
- For a 3* team, same rules apply but now I can recruit 4* players. Adjacent state rule still applies.
- For a 4*/5*/6* team, same rules apply but now I can recruit 5* players. Adjacent state rule no longer applies.

Implementing these rules made my football experience with NCAA '04 and '06 amazingly realistic, both gameplay-wise and dynasty-wise.

I'd like to hear from you guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »