Home

Online dynasty concern

This is a discussion on Online dynasty concern within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #9
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
Re: Online dynasty concern

unbelievable. if this is SOP i think EA needs fix this in patch #1. basically there's no point in playing the number 1 feature of this iteration of ncaa.

is this happening to everyone?!

Last edited by Redskins Pride; 07-17-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

OVR: 3

ive only advanced 1 week in my dynasty and everything was fine but u guys are really scaring me...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #11
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2378
I know everyone in my league was set to advance and that there recruiting and games were completed. What "update" from the players does the system need to see other than all the user game finals and the recruiting completion?
I'm just playing devil's advocate so I don't know for sure. But how do you know they all set theirs to advance? When they do this it uploads a file right? Maybe during upload it didn't synch? Do you as commish see something that says Team A has update, waiting on team B, c and D?

I'm just saying that the cause is probably not the game sending incorrect stats but more likely that it is not registering those users as having done their stuff and thus simulating it. That doesn't explain why the game is not seeing those people as complete, I was just throwing out some theories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
I'm just playing devil's advocate so I don't know for sure. But how do you know they all set theirs to advance? When they do this it uploads a file right? Maybe during upload it didn't synch? Do you as commish see something that says Team A has update, waiting on team B, c and D?

I'm just saying that the cause is probably not the game sending incorrect stats but more likely that it is not registering those users as having done their stuff and thus simulating it. That doesn't explain why the game is not seeing those people as complete, I was just throwing out some theories.
I am all for it, dont stop. I think you are on the right track here, maybe I didnt see for sure that everyone was set to advance but, I know there were more than just 4 of us that were, that I know for sure. So why is it that only 4 of us got the right scores and stats? That is where I am at a loss, I think its a commish or user issue but I want to figure out where that understanding I am missing is, to save my dynasty and many others that will face this I am sure.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

An online dynasty engineer came across this thread before I did and wants to point out some potential reasons this is happening.

If the week is advanced while you are in game, your stuff won't count.

The process to advance takes about 30 seconds for the commish to download the files, merge, and upload them to the server. Anything uploaded by other dynasty members during this time could be lost.

While downloading the game and team data from the server, the commish should see messages saying "Downloading Game Data from OMT" etc. If he doesn't see that, and knows it should be there, he should cancel and try again.

Please post as explicit detail as you can, try to include all steps. We are watching this thread carefully.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone else wonder why the community leaders that had the beta game early never really had any updates about online dynsasty after week one that I could recall? not saying it has anything to do with this but I thought their would have been almost an entire season played but I didn't hear anything about it after week one? just food for thought.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
An online dynasty engineer came across this thread before I did and wants to point out some potential reasons this is happening.

If the week is advanced while you are in game, your stuff won't count.

The process to advance takes about 30 seconds for the commish to download the files, merge, and upload them to the server. Anything uploaded by other dynasty members during this time could be lost.

While downloading the game and team data from the server, the commish should see messages saying "Downloading Game Data from OMT" etc. If he doesn't see that, and knows it should be there, he should cancel and try again.

Please post as explicit detail as you can, try to include all steps. We are watching this thread carefully.
First off thank you for the fast reply,

All of the online dynasty games were completed early yesterday for week 1 in my league. The last game was finished up around midnight est last night in my league.

I than proceeded to advance the league because everyone's team sheet on headquarters said "ready to advance". I think, the more I try to remember there is a chance that Texas A$M might not have set to advance but everyone elses was all day yesterday.

Here is the breakdown of the teams and how everything went.

In week 1 we had 9 games 7 user v cpu and 2 user v user and one bye week.

2 of the cpu v user games went through the advance with right scores/stats and one user v user did also. Than there were 3 user v cpu games that had different scores including a team that won, but after advance lost instead, and one user v user game that had a differents score (this game was the last one of the week last night where I think one user may have not been set to advance

Is it possible that because that one user may have not been ready to advance that it screwed up the other users games completed? And if so, why would it effect some games and not all. This is my biggest misunderstanding of all.

I would also like to mention this fact about user restarts. Numerous users were first to restart there week 1 games the first night due to server issues, I doubt this would have anything to do with it but throwing it in here.

Any other details i can get to you I will if asked, a lot of the downloading game data information you listed above, I did not really pay attention to that as it was going through the advance.

Thanks Again

Last edited by Pierce2378; 07-17-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Bump until Adam replies to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »