Home

Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

This is a discussion on Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
Rookie

DiabloRobotico34's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

Betas don't get released.

I believe that QA did a "poor" job.

But the game is good, not full featured yet, but getting close. I think that 2010 will be better.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

No, it is called a deadline and testers that aren't x's and o's guys. Some bugs I can understand but others should have stood out very early.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
I guess anything is possible, but I am still having fun with this. I am extremely disappointed with some of this year's bugs, and I am sick of people defending EA's lack of quality control. I am a medical scientist, and I could not imagine missing a potentially deadly disease and then saying, "oh, well let me fix this." I know that EA has people who read this board, and I suggest that they realize that some of us are almost at the point of just not buying this series anymore.
My advice for future editions of this franchise is to let some of the more experienced players take this for a spin before releasing it for mass consumption. Most of us grew up loving this game, and we would gladly test all of the little nuances just to ensure a game that has no glaring glitches.
What I don't understand is how the PS2 games can turn out consistent year after year, yet they can't seem to just copy that model and update the visuals. There's no doubt much more too it than that, but maybe the game's engine having to be scalable to the last gen consoles is the problem that is effecting the current gen.

The same could possibly be said about EA's Merc's II.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloRobotico34
Betas don't get released.

I believe that QA did a "poor" job.

But the game is good, not full featured yet, but getting close. I think that 2010 will be better.
Wait, you are saying that this year's version is not full featured, wait til next year. Welcome to Groundhog Day sponsored by EA Sports.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Wait, you are saying that this year's version is not full featured, wait til next year. Welcome to Groundhog Day sponsored by EA Sports.
What get's me is that they advertise Mascot games on the back of the box, yet we're still waiting for custom playbooks and Create-a-school to make the jump. It's very frustrating.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
Rookie

DiabloRobotico34's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

Let me phrase it better: I think that there are many things to like about 09, there are also problems in certain areas that could be improved upon. We've gained alot going from 08 to 09 and I believe 2010 will be very good too.

I'm getting used to the game and have been playing 08 along with it, noting the differences in detail. Visually, this year's game is awesome. I believe that EA has done it right.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloRobotico34
Let me phrase it better: I think that there are many things to like about 09, there are also problems in certain areas that could be improved upon. We've gained alot going from 08 to 09 and I believe 2010 will be very good too.

I'm getting used to the game and have been playing 08 along with it, noting the differences in detail. Visually, this year's game is awesome. I believe that EA has done it right.
Gained a lot from 08 to 09? You mean like roster edits? Slider functionality? There was a lot of functionality that worked in 08 that was lost too. Graphics aren't everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Do you mean that they accidentally released the beta instead?
Such as the final build and the beta were labeled wrong?
Well, that's not how it works. The last Beta build is what is published. There were like 15 beta builds this year I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »