Home

Switching from PS3 to PS2...?

This is a discussion on Switching from PS3 to PS2...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Switching from PS3 to PS2...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Are the pursuit angles still messed up? Last year I took Bobby Reid on an Option against Georgia, ran 80 yards, turned at the goal line and ran backwards to my goal line and turned again and ran 100 yards for a touchdown whil a "Swarm of bees" chased me in unison.

I couldn't handle that anymore, but besides that and auto FG, it clearly beats the 360 version.
Yea they did fix the pursuit angles. Its now more harder to get outside and break a long run. Still the next gen graphics, stadiums and jerseys are what gives it the edge over the PS2 version. The PS2 version is worth the buy just for something different and dynasty mode goes by faster with recruiting being much more easier.

The only visual updates i noticed with the PS2 version were:

Cal's Uniforms and helmets got updated. Probably becuase Desean Jackson's on the cover.

Kansas's jersey's and helmets also got updated they even have that red alternate jersey.

Notre Dame has their green alternate.

Bright House Networks stadium, UCF's stadium was added. It's probably one of the better looking stadiums in the PS2 version.

Last edited by andybaseball2005; 07-17-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2

I bought both the 360 and PS2 versions today ( didn't run too much due to trade-ins). I played two games on 360 and didn't touch the quarterback once- playing defense was a waste of time, but the offensive gameplay was vastly improved on offense from last year's 360- i'm a little disappointed because in almost two years I've yet to play a sports game on 360 that has come close to the gameplay I had on ps2- sure it looks amazing, but from someone who prefers Winning Eleven over FIFA- I don't care how it looks. Still the two best sports games I ever played are NCAA 07 and Winning Eleven 8, both on PS2
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

My 360 died. During the three years on that console, I hadn't played much PS2. I looked past all of the issues w/ next gen. Since it died, I picked up the PS2 version. It's awesome.

I haven't played last gen much the last two years or so (I played NCAA 07 on PS2 a little). These things may not be "new" to anyone else, but here's what I like about this last gen edition:

- supersim on last gen (FINALLY!!!)
- deep recruiting w/o being too involved
- gameplay is solid
- COACH MODE (I'm trying to figure sliders right now, but I'm getting good results w/ 8min qtrs, Varsity level, and tweaking sliders in favor of CPU)

I feel like EA has done this last gen edition justice by bringing over some good features from Madden (supersim, hot route, defensive audibles, substitutions, etc.).

I'll be playing this game for a long while.

Last edited by lav; 07-17-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #12
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I rented both versions PS2/PS3. Even though they still don't have all the stadiums I love PS3's stadium graphics, but PS2 def has better off the field stuff going for it. I think the inclusion of dormant rivalries like Rutgers/Temple and UConn/Buffalo adds realism because if they happen to meet up in a dynasty it is still a rivalry game. Even if EA didn't bother to remove them on accident, I love this touch and PS3 doesn't have it.

I am glad they "somewhat" updated FCS on PS2, don't get me wrong I love playin with Shannon James (UMass) every single year, but c'mon not everyone goes to LSU can we get love too?

Maybe EA will get all the stadiums (at least FBS) and FCS schools in next years game, until then I will make do on PS2.

Last edited by esayem; 07-18-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #13
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Come on back and join the cool people on PS2. Loving the game so far and Klesheen should have rosters done by the end of the weekend.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Does PS2 have an actual coach mode? Or is it CPU vs Player and you don't touch the controller.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

No doubt you guys are right on with this one What the good old ps2 lacks in graphics it more than makes up for in Gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #16
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Plus i already converted old rosters over so i can play this year's game with complete rosters from the 2005, 2006, and 2007 seasons.

i could convert whatever others too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »