Home

Switching from PS3 to PS2...?

This is a discussion on Switching from PS3 to PS2...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #17
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Switching from PS3 to PS2...?

I made the switch last year, and I didn't regret it at all. I had bought the PS3 version but "downgraded" to the PS2 version after a couple of weeks. I agree that it is sad that we have yet to catch up with the last gen in terms of gameplay and features. In this years version on the PS3 I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. The light is that they may finally have the player models they wanted, so now they can focus on features, gameplay, and the glitches that have plagued this generation's titles. I will stick to this years PS3 version (stadium sounds FTW), but I will approach next year with guarded optimism.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #18
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
Plus i already converted old rosters over so i can play this year's game with complete rosters from the 2005, 2006, and 2007 seasons.

i could convert whatever others too.
Cool! How did you do that? I didn't know you could. I would like to try them.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you run a dynasty with more then one team on the PS2?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #20
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Q: Is there a coach mode on PS2?
A: I don't think there's a "coach mode" option you can toggle on/off. But, you can turn on "auto pass" in the controller setup page. With that on, you can call plays on O + D and let the players play. You do need to snap the ball on offense and take all kicking responsibilities. If there's a way to have the CPU kick for me in coach mode, someone let me know. I like using the sideline camera when "coaching" and kicking from that angle can get ugly.

Q: Can you run a dynasty w/ more than one player?
A: I believe the answer is yes. I'm not sure how many can play, 10 or 12???

I'm really enjoying coach mode w/ the new supersim feature. Now I can set the quarter length to get a more realistic play count w/o spending all evening making it through one game.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #21
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Cool! How did you do that? I didn't know you could. I would like to try them.
you edit the BASLUS code on the rosters with a program like PS2 save builder. i can post the rosters this weekend in max drive format. it's kind of cool to see 100% accurate rosters with guys like vince young and reggie bush on the teams. i haven't gone back farther than 2005 though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I just mentioned this in the other thread but in addition to the pursuit angles, the momentum meter was pretty much a gamekiller in '08 on the last-gen consoles. Has this been fine-tuned at all? I highly doubt it has been but I'm interested.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #23
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
you edit the BASLUS code on the rosters with a program like PS2 save builder. i can post the rosters this weekend in max drive format. it's kind of cool to see 100% accurate rosters with guys like vince young and reggie bush on the teams. i haven't gone back farther than 2005 though.
Can you give me some information on how to do this? I'd like to find a way to open one of the old historic roster files so I can see what all the names. I'd like to input them all into the ps2 version that I'll be using on ps3.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I just mentioned this in the other thread but in addition to the pursuit angles, the momentum meter was pretty much a gamekiller in '08 on the last-gen consoles. Has this been fine-tuned at all? I highly doubt it has been but I'm interested.
Yes the momentum meter has been fixed. It is much better than it was in 07 and 08. Momentum doesn't take ridiculous swings anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »