Home

So is '08 better than '09?

This is a discussion on So is '08 better than '09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: So which is better?
Ncaa '08 37 18.05%
Ncaa '09 168 81.95%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #17
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: So is '08 better than '09?

08 is so terrible that I never finished a freakin franchise year. I first had the 360 version then sold it, then got the PS3 version after I found out a patch was released for it first to stop some of the CPU LB jumping very high into the air to INT problems. The patch helped a little, but not enough to keep my interest so I moved on. That being said, Madden 08 was worse than NCAA 08. The CPU INTs and fumble fest drove me mad. Heck, I liked NCAA 07 on the 360 better even though there were so many money plays.

Haven't played a ton of games of 09 yet, but it is much more fun. If they can patch the Oline problem (where all the OL on every team is about the same) then they may have something really good imo. Oh, and of course they need to fix some of the other bugs like the roster editing problem, etc.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #18
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I disagree. APF is a great game.
Never played APF. I just can't play with fake teams anymore with wacked out stadiums. Its to much like the XFL Why didn't 2K allow you to edit all of the teams, and not have really strange stadiums? Then, we could have just put the NFL teams and names in there. Any chance of that this year? Or is that something EA and the NFL would balk about?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #19
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
renting always skews judgement
Lol, purchasing only makes you want to justify why you paid $60. Renting......means not much is on the line when it comes to which side of the fence you are on cause if you don't like it, just return it and get something else. Once opened for those who purchased = EBAY at best!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #20
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Never played APF. I just can't play with fake teams anymore with wacked out stadiums. Its to much like the XFL Why didn't 2K allow you to edit all of the teams, and not have really strange stadiums? Then, we could have just put the NFL teams and names in there. Any chance of that this year? Or is that something EA and the NFL would balk about?
What's wrong with trying to bring something new to the table?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
RIGHT NOW....

Gameplay wise 08 is a much more balanced game. I had defensive slugfests and high scoring shootouts. But most importantly, if you were a good defensive player, you FELT like you could stop an offense. It's very skewed in 09 right now with some blatantly BAD Defensive AI and serious issues in the OL/DL interaction.

Extras wise as in Custom Sounds, Online Dynasty, etc...it's NCAA 09 by a country mile.
any online punts, auburn?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #22
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

NCAA 09, no menu lag and gameplay is smooth. I've never had a ton of issues with teh NCAA series. If I had to grade it, B range imo

It bugs me that the campus legend mode doesnt have certain positions still..I like playing that mode when I'm not playing vs friends
Old 07-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
09 is 4 sure the better game after the first patch there will be no doubt
why should we need a patch just one week after the game is released?

it's a shame that we are al talking about a patch this early just to make the 09 version a step up. ea should be ashamed of themselves imo.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarts2616
why should we need a patch just one week after the game is released?

it's a shame that we are al talking about a patch this early just to make the 09 version a step up. ea should be ashamed of themselves imo.
Exactly. Its insane that the game has only been out for three days and everyone is waiting for a patch to fix issues that we knew about before the game shipped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »