Home

Laying the Foundation for NCAA 2010. Lets begin right NOW. Shall I commence?

This is a discussion on Laying the Foundation for NCAA 2010. Lets begin right NOW. Shall I commence? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Laying the Foundation for NCAA 2010. Lets begin right NOW. Shall I commence?

Ok, I'm not the sharpest when it comes to getting a point across conversating or typing, whatever. I'll start this off, and you guys can keep it moving. Hopefully, dev members for the next game'll stop by.

First off, leave the gameplay as it is, and stop trying to add new features before the base on field gameplay is polished. Lets take this next year of development to work out any bugs the game might have, extensive playtesting. Make sure sliders do what they should, etc, etc.

Second, the game needs excitement. Of course I'm not a developer so I dont know the real reason why presentation is neglected year after year, but.....the game needs it. Without it, dynasties, and just games in general(especially the 8 minute and up games, thats atleast an hour and some change) become very drab/boring. Dynamic commentary anyone? I'm actually hearing the exact same commentary as last year????

I did mention features? Yea, mascot celebrating and wide open gameplay arent really that exciting. Wide open gameplay just makes things a little to easy, as I'm now seeing tackles being broken that really dont seem like they should be broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Laying the Foundation for NCAA 2010. Lets begin right NOW. Shall I commence?

Animations are good, but correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that you guys add new ones only to take others out. Lets work on building on top of what you have. Keep the 08 and 09 animations along with a couple new ones for 10 ok?

Lets add a stat column for assist tackles. Lets add on field trash talking similar to what Madden 08 and APF introduced. That adds to the excitement level.

Pre game shows and post game wrap ups would be nice. Take us into the booths. 2k5 did something similar with presentation, check it out and try to implement a similar method to upgrade the game and pull the player into the game.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Laying the Foundation for NCAA 2010. Lets begin right NOW. Shall I commence?

Peeplz, what base are you stationed at? I lived at Misawa for 3 years, and I loved it.

I want to see a more astute defense when I play as LSU vs. North Texas, or any major school vs. a small school. I also want them to implement pre and post game narratives like we had back in the old PS2 versions. My other complaint is home field advantage. I like it, but it should not start off as such a big disadvantage for the visiting team. Instead of having the icons jumbled from the beginning they should become jumbled after a couple of incompletions or on big third downs, or after a turnover. This is not really a disadvantage for most of us that know the icons by heart, but it definitely turns off new players.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm on MCAS Futenma, and I aint really liking it so much, lol. The people seem very peaceful though( I dont trust em, lol).

The play scrambling was another feature added that they didnt need In my opinion. What I'm seeing is that now they are going to have to add some type of "wide open defense" to counter this new offense next year, and they just need to leave the gameplay alone, iron out the bugs, fix what they have(make gang tackling more dynamic/add assist tackle stat column) and atleast begin to add some type of presentation.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

-Create-A-Team
-The ability to transfer them into a online/offline dynasty
-Band.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree.

It's time for polishing (it's due and has been for a long time).

Almost everyone including me would rather see the gameplay polished/fixed/updated (whatever you want to call it) rather than seeing new features.

NCAA has great features all ready...just work on the gameplay and other issues (sliders, updated stadiums, fields getting trashed etc..).

I can guarantee you almost everybody would be much happier and EA would sell more copies if gameplay was fixed, just gameplay, even if we don't see even one new feature.

Yes, I did repeat myself a lot but the point needs to be recognized.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »