Home

Heisman Or All American

This is a discussion on Heisman Or All American within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
Heisman Or All American

I would say I have played somewhere in between 15-20 "Play Now" games since getting the game Tuesday morning.

Ive played on Heisman difficulty on every edition of the game except for '06 on xbox.

From what I have seen, Heisman just exasperates the user prioblems on D that we have all been hollering about, mainly the nonexistant impact of your downlinemen, non existant pressure of your front 7, and shoddy pass coverage.

Outiside of user LB or safety control. I largely feel like I am at the AI's mercy, hoping I can hold trhings down with my LB or S to cover up for the rest of my guys not doing a lot.

Plus Heisman has the usual, "this play is going for a big gain simply because I want it to." factor with the CPU.

I played Tennessee-Florida the other night, and ended up losing the game because Florida's Fullback caught a pass in the flat, stiff armed 2 consecutive defenders, and outran my entire defense for a 47 yard TD.

Offense really isnt the issue on either difficulty, the biggest difference is that I at least feel like the other 10 guys out there on D with me, actually have a chance to make plays, instead of me seeming to have to make everything happen myself on Heisman.

I'm really not a slider guru, so I'm kind of stuck in between the 2 modes right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman Or All American

Same exact thing with me brutha! I'm leaning towards Heisman (which in the past, I've always played AA), but I definitely need some slider tweaks (I hear Firktaf has a good set).
I've only played Heisman on default so far. AA is too easy this year, Heisman feels better. The one thing I noticed though on Heisman, is the kick/punt return is really bad, even worse than AA......
Old 07-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

I've gone with All-American for as long as I can remember. I think of myself as a fairly experienced NCAA player, so it's not that Heisman is too hard for me, it's more that I feel All-American creates more realistic results. Every year for the first season of my dynasty, I look at the sliders at halftime and at the end of games. To be honest, it usually takes me somewhere between 8-12 games to get them where I want (and sometimes I'm still tweaking into season 2), but when I do, I feel All-American gives me a more realistic experience. Heisman to me (and my skill level), is just the hardest level where I do whatever it takes to win, but can't establish a real gameplan that gives me realistic results. I can get a 10+ win season on Heisman, but my stats are usually so skewed that it's anything but realistic.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I have been playing on AA the whole time with sliders only on passing accuracy and things have been pretty good. My pass rush has only been problematic when either my defensive line isnt that good or the offensive line is better. I really think all of the "issues" alot of people are getting are natural parts of the game. My DEs both have less tht 75 on thier power, and finnesse moves, and block shedding, but when I have a good DL they get pennetration.

The only thing that annoys me is the cpu going on 1 all the time and the absence of a few playbook elements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »