Home

My QB was 47 for 47 in the first half..........

This is a discussion on My QB was 47 for 47 in the first half.......... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
My QB was 47 for 47 in the first half..........

Playing on aa 5 min def awareness was up to 100 playing a Central Mich. against Florida. I was up 14-7 when I stopped. The cpu could not stop the play so I kept doing it to see when the cpu would learn the play. Sadly it NEVER did. I will not tell you the play I used but I will be returning the game after this and the fact that there are far to few penalties, this after ea said they had fix the penalty issue. Enough is enough. The gameplay is close to the worst its ever been. I have found way to many $ plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: My QB was 47 for 47 in the first half..........

I agree. Without a patch it is a major mess. We need the gameplay patch soon. Other wise I don't know if I will be able to keep my blood pressure down without finially snapping and taking the game in for a trade in.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

Don't take this the wrong way, but stop using the money plays then. I think it was NCAA 2002 that had this Ace Outs play that worked 100% of the time. And last year with UF's playbook there was a Shotgun Tight play that was money. So I stopped using them. Unfortunately in every game there is something that's always going to work (anyone remember the old NHL games were you just had to deke once to score...worked every time). It's just up to the player to not cheese and use them all the time. I've played every NCAA game EA has ever released and in each one there are more than a few money plays, but I just try not to use them. To me it's more fun to call different plays and mix it up anyway.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

thats why its such a bit ch to play online this year......the cheese just throws long bombs all game long and gets a 40% completion on them. I had to scrap my running game and copy the f-head to stay in the game - not fun

They had great ideas for the offense, but did nothing on the D side of the ball
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Playing on aa 5 min def awareness was up to 100 playing a Central Mich. against Florida. I was up 14-7 when I stopped. The cpu could not stop the play so I kept doing it to see when the cpu would learn the play. Sadly it NEVER did. I will not tell you the play I used but I will be returning the game after this and the fact that there are far to few penalties, this after ea said they had fix the penalty issue. Enough is enough. The gameplay is close to the worst its ever been. I have found way to many $ plays.
First off, I'm calling BS for a few reasons.

1) You can go 47-47 and only have 14 points? Are you getting 2 yards a play?

2) You had 47 straight pass's without a drop?

Even if by some way its true, is it that hard to just avoid one play? What about dropping your WR and QB sliders so you have more drops and mis-throws.

I'm not a huge fan of NCAA 2009, at all. But I could pop in any NCAA/Madden play and blow up the AI with a few money plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

Patch PLEASE!!! Without one this game blows!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
Don't take this the wrong way, but stop using the money plays then. I think it was NCAA 2002 that had this Ace Outs play that worked 100% of the time. And last year with UF's playbook there was a Shotgun Tight play that was money. So I stopped using them. Unfortunately in every game there is something that's always going to work (anyone remember the old NHL games were you just had to deke once to score...worked every time). It's just up to the player to not cheese and use them all the time. I've played every NCAA game EA has ever released and in each one there are more than a few money plays, but I just try not to use them. To me it's more fun to call different plays and mix it up anyway.
I do understand what you are saying and I have stopped using them. I am just down right mad that there are so many thing wrong with this game after all these years. It starting to look as if ea puts very little effort into improving their sport games. When so many of the issues remain year after year. This game was far from being done. I think ea needs to stop putting out these games every year, they obversely don't have enough time to even fix the most basic issues like penalties. Let alone how bad the ai is year after year. It's almost as if they never play their own game, cause if they did I think they would be totally embarrassed by this crap they keep putting out. If you guys are happy with this....you have very low standards. Madden has gone gold for a few weeks. That is a very bad sign. I bet the sliders still don't work the penalties issue will remain, how can a game go gold when we can list many issues that need to be addressed before the game come out. ea owes us an apology for ncaa 09 gameplay wise this is a step backwards.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
First off, I'm calling BS for a few reasons.

1) You can go 47-47 and only have 14 points? Are you getting 2 yards a play?

2) You had 47 straight pass's without a drop?

Even if by some way its true, is it that hard to just avoid one play? What about dropping your WR and QB sliders so you have more drops and mis-throws.

I'm not a huge fan of NCAA 2009, at all. But I could pop in any NCAA/Madden play and blow up the AI with a few money plays.

Yea, was that 47 passes to the RB where he got dropped in the backfield or gained 2 yards?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »