Home

Your Best Game So Far?

This is a discussion on Your Best Game So Far? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Your Best Game So Far?

I just started a Dynasty with Western Michigan and generated names.

5 min qtrs, Heisman, default sliders

First game is @ Nebraska
I am winning 3-0 at Halftime and then Nebraska takes the ball straight downfield and scores an easy TD.

My next two drives end in punts and Nebraska drives down the field with 2 mins left in the 3rd qtr. QB drops back and throws a perfect pass to the WR and my CB breaks on the ball- he makes an amazing interception in the Endzone and returns it 103 yards for a TD! 10-7 at the end of the 3rd Qtr.

Nebraska responds with a miraculous quick out pattern that ends up going 75 yards in one play and take the lead 14-10.

I then get the ball and proceed with a 14 play 79 yard drive that ends up in a 3 yard TD run! 17-14.

I push Nebraska to go for it on Forth down with 2:30 left on the clock and my DE crushes the QB, forcing a fumble and I recover it on my 45 yard line.

My drive to run out the clock is squashed when my HB fumbles the ball.

With 1:25 left on the clock Nebraska slowly drives to my 40 yard line.

The Nebraska QB then throws a pass to his Tight End and he tips the pass high in the air and the Western Michigan SS picks it off!

I drive down the field and run out the clock and kick a 28 yard field goal to seal the game.

With so many complaints, I thought I would give a happy story for once. Whats your best game so far?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Your Best Game So Far?

My best game was on Heisman with Dan's sliders. Ohio State(me) vs USC. I was up 17-3 at the end of the first quarter. I ended up winning 20-17 on a last second field goal. I thought I was going to blow them out but their defense got better and I couldn't run the ball. By the way I love the ice the kicker option, I hope they never get rid of it.

The computer played very well and even went deep on me 3 or 4 times. There were only 3 total turnovers in the game, 2 ints and 1 fum. The stats were very good (7 min quarters).

Teams: USC / Bucks
Score: 17 / 20
Rush: 17-109-1 / 24-48-1 (sacks hurt my yardage)
Pass: 208/295
Turn: 2 / 1
Pcake: 7 / 5
Sacks: 4 / 1
drops: 5 / 4

Individual:

OSU:
QB #17 26-38 285 yds 1 td 0 int 68%
RB #28 18 car 67 yds 0 td 9 rec 95 yds 1 td

USC:
QB #6 16 - 32 208 yds 1 td 2 int 50%
HB #13 17 car 114 yds 1 td 4 rec 51 yds 0 td

I love this game even with the bugs!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

fonz500's Arena

OVR: 3

I am Western Michigan too. I can't stop the pass worth a sh!t. Their CB stink. Also, the CPU can pass with no problems. I just finished the 1st season 12-2 with a Motor City Bowl victory.....

PS. Recruiting is hard. Lots of 2* recruits.

Good Luck.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz500
I am Western Michigan too. I can't stop the pass worth a sh!t. Their CB stink. Also, the CPU can pass with no problems. I just finished the 1st season 12-2 with a Motor City Bowl victory.....

PS. Recruiting is hard. Lots of 2* recruits.

Good Luck.
I really like to hear that you were having a hard time getting higher than a 2* recruit. With Western Michigan, that's definitely a good thing! A few more seasons of 12-2 and I think your fortunes will change, however
Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 34

My best game was probably the best defensive game I have played on Heisman with default sliders, with the exception of all penalties being jacked up to 100.

I playd Tennessee-Florida in the swamp and lost the game 24-18.

It was a 17-10 game until Florida's Fullback caught a pass to the flat, stiff armed 2 defenders, and outran my entire Defense.

I rallied back to score a TD and 2 pt conversion, but failed to recover the onside kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think it was only my second game ever but I took Pitt into WVU and lost 33-27 in double OT. Greatest game score 1908. Had easily my best game running the ball with McCoy who had over 100 yards rushing at the half and about 175 yards total. Pat White had a great TD run against me and Noel Devine had an unbelievable punt return for a TD against me. I've loaded both of those videos to EA's server.

I can't get those links at work since I'm blocked but my userid is rudyjuly2 if you want to watch them. Devine must juke at least 3 guys for a 75 yard TD return I think. Pat White had done nothing until he broke off a great 50 yard TD run.

It was a close game the entire time and I tied it up at 24 with one second left in the game. We traded field goals in the first OT before I lost. I almost never win OT games. I can't remember the last time I didn't choke in OT but I loved the game.

P.S. I've got the videos linked on the BMO forum but my POS IE 6 is crapping out when trying to view here as well: http://forums.gtsportsmedia.com/topic/441974/1/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »