Home

It's official, I'm over it.

This is a discussion on It's official, I'm over it. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #41
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: It's official, I'm over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Adam (OMT) has been very good at letting us know things as soon as he knows.

I am pretty sure Tiburon is looking at what needs fixing and prioritizing it based on size of problem and their ability to fix it in the next couple of weeks. Once things are finalized, Adam may tell us what will get patched.

But until then, they probably won't use these forums as a diary that captures what happend and what was discussed in the office on a day-to-day basis.
Exactly. We can go to fix something and see an "oh noes!" and revert the fix. So I can't say what is being fixed and what isn't until the patch is complete. And even then, it might come back to us and we have to change other stuff. I just don't want to give any bad info.

And I won't say "we are looking at this bug" because then it will get spread around that I said we will be fixing a certain bug in the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
If you don't like the game fine. There is a sticky where you can share your impressions. To make a thread saying ur going back to 08 because of the flaws is stupid. The people who like the game knows there are major flaws. We all seen them. But why must there be a new thread stating what we all ready know??? He should have just went back to 08 without the thread stating he was going back to 08. This thread should be closed.

Why are there 500 threads about how dissapointed people are with the game? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DISSAPOINTED WITH THE GAME!! OS and its posters can like it or not, but I am, like hundreds of others, on this board to read the opinions, both good and bad, of NCAA 09. It is not stupid, its THEIR OPINION. The people who Like the game know its flawed, but what about us who waited to purchase the game for this exact reason?? I don't know the problems with the game, that is why I am on a Videogame Forum. IF OS started closing every thread that is voicing nothing more than a persons opinion of the product, people would simply stop coming. I Promise you that.

Last edited by tmulk; 07-18-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
Why are there 500 threads about how dissapointed people are with the game? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DISSAPOINTED WITH THE GAME!! OS and its posters can like it or not, but I am, like hundreds of others, on this board to read the opinions, both good and bad, of NCAA 09. It is not stupid, its THEIR OPINION. The people who Like the game know its flawed, but what about us who waited to purchase the game for this exact reason?? I don't know the problems with the game, that is why I am on a Videogame Forum. IF OS started closing every thread that is voicing nothing more than a persons opinion of the product, people would simply stop coming. I Promise you that.
Not necessarily.

Last year, OS had a thread titled, Everything You Have a Problem with Madden thread.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not necessarily.

Last year, OS had a thread titled, Everything You Have a Problem with Madden thread.
and how many complaint posts were posted outside of this? 500? 1000?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
and how many complaint posts were posted outside of this? 500? 1000?
I'm not sure, they all became locked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Hey, this is the game I'm playing right now. Well, I haven't gotten 09 yet because I don't have the money yet and with everyone complaining about it I think I'll just wait until september to get it for my birthday.

The last NCAA game I really enjoyed. I played 10 seasons worth ofynasty mode at least, in each of those games.

Good times.

Part of the beauty of the Wii, is that I can revist all of my old school sports titles that I cant play on my 360.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
And I won't say "we are looking at this bug" because then it will get spread around that I said we will be fixing a certain bug in the next patch.
I highly disagree here OMT. Looking at a bug is wayyy different than fixing a bug. If you ATLEAST admit that this bug or part of the game is not working correctly. Atleast it shows you all are aware of it. But having a issue and hand not given any info what so ever if it is getting looked at or not does nothing for the community.

Like the pursuit issue I have been trying for a while now you to answer if you all are looking into it. That is a honest question, and I think we as a community have had to put up with enough all ready with this buggy release and some honesty on these gameplay areas is not to much to ask.

I mean we are the consumers, we paid our hard earned money on something that does not work as intended.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #48
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

OVR: 3

No need to get on OMT, he is a voice and can easily be misinterperated which is what he is trying to avoid. Makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, I have been monitoring this board frequently to gather opinions of this release. So I must admit I find it disturbing that any company has to rely on its consumers to help resolve issues. Facts are:

a) a product was released incomplete
b) consumer base is being used for QA

Q - will consumers who have worked to resolve issues be compensated by EA for their efforts?

What I do not believe EA/Tiburon understand is that although there may not be competition within the Sports/Football videogame market there is overall competition for consumer's entertainment $. Meaning - if you do not like the game take the $60 and either buy another game or do something else worth while with it. Take your GF or wife out for dinner, go see a movie or whatever. The only way EA/Tiburon will start to comprehend is if you stop buying their incomplete products.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »