Home

Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

This is a discussion on Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

I work for my money, I expect my $60 to be worthwhile. I expect EA to put there best effort into the game which they clearly did not because most of these problems should have been caught as simply as that. I hate how people act like apololigists for companies like EA.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #34
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
this game is nothing short of amazing. i am playing with North Carolina and this game is working wonders for me. i hope madden is just as good as this game is for me.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 17

I'm having a blast w/ this game. The only things I would rate a negative is the big yardage in the kick/punt return game that's too easy to get and that the post-TD celebrations don't add anything to the experience. I've heard people say it's hard to stop the CPU passing game. I'm playing on All American w/ sliders adjustments and I get a very tough but realistic experience out of it. I'm sure i'll quickly progress to Hiesman like I always do until I get the intricacies down but right now i'm having a great experience with this game in Dynasty mode.

The quick call is an awesome recruiting tool, all the weekly recruiting work during the season that usually gets to be a drag pretty quick is made much easier with the quick call option.

The new animations are pretty sweet and the gameplay is very smooth......especially the running game. The physics of the players and the hits are seemingly much improved.

One thing i'm noticing though is that the time of day doesn't seem to change throughout the course of a game. For example: In past games it would go from dusk to night over the course of a late afternoon game. Doesn't seem to in NCAA 09. I played an 8:00 game against USC and the whole game had that late-afternoon sheen. It never got dark. In fact, it should've been dark when the game started.......unless it was an am game.

Last edited by metallicatz; 07-19-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Once again, EA demonstrates how they can sell anything and there will be tons of people to defend them. I wonder if anyone would buy a brand new car with all sorts of issues but say something like "but it the end, it's a great car!"
Old 07-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #37
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

You know, I was part of that group that believed that this would be the best football game ever, and that we would get a true experience. I remember back in 2004, that year's NCAA was the best ever, and I wanted that same experience. It's 2009 now, and it's taken far too many steps behind.

I love playing Defense, but this is terrible. You could put ten men in the middle, and the quarterback would still find somebody there wide open. Simming through it helps, but I want to PLAY defense, not just look at the bars go across the screen. There is no way to get to the quarterback (in fact, in the past five days I've only had one sack), and when you do get there he moves to another county to throw.

Offense would be fun if you didn't complete 85% of your passes. Combine that with a defensive AI that couldn't guard against a pee wee football team, and games become barn burners. I shouldn't have games with North Texas that go for 50 points.

Then combine that with a terrible online experience. EA Locker is broken beyond belief, and one of the major features that was supposed to revolutionize the game can't even be used. There is still major points of lag between games, and nobody plays sim football (although that ain't EA's fault per se).

I was going to buy this game, but I decided to rent it first this year, and I'm glad I did. There is no way I would spend $60 on a game that should have been in development for another month. This is sad too, because I used to love this game back when the developers cared. Now, since games like Front Office Football are better, I'll spend my money there.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #38
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
I keep hearing that the game favor the offense this year, but so far my games have been interceptionfests with multiple defensive TDs in each game. Online I've struggled on offense but done very well with defense. Offiline, the CPU offense doesn't challenge my defense enough on AA.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 34
Anyone who is claiming that they have little to no defensive issues, is a stone cold liar. Plain and simple.

This game is a defensive atrocity.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^100% agree

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »