Home

Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

This is a discussion on Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #65
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
Realistic this, realistic that. If you want realism, why don't you go try out for a real life squad? Or go into coaching or team management? Why play video games?
Well, if you could read, you would notice the part in my last few posts that say I PLAY FOOTBALL. But you're right, I should try out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #66
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If other people are enjoying the game or having fun, why put them down with the blatant EA comments?

It sounds like, I'm right, and you all are wrong attitude.
Yeah, that's what it is, but it's a common argument technique. Set yourself up as right, other people as wrong, and then go from their. Most importantly, never admit that there might be more than one solution to a problem.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #67
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Well, if you could read, you would notice the part in my last few posts that say I PLAY FOOTBALL. But you're right, I should try out
Ok, so I don't read very well. That being said, the question still stands. Why play video games?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Ok, so I don't read very well. That being said, the question still stands. Why play video games?

I think I can sum up what the guy is trying to say.

When we play a sports video game, we as football fans, expect to see a resasonable representation of what takes place on the field.

The definition of "reasonable" varies for everyone However, I think when most of us see thinks that fly in the face of what we know is "right" about football, we are going to want to know why.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Realistic this, realistic that. If you want realism, why don't you go try out for a real life squad? Or go into coaching or team management? Why play video games?
That is just a horrible argument.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #70
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31

When we play a sports video game, we as football fans, expect to see a resasonable representation of what takes place on the field.

The definition of "reasonable" varies for everyone However, I think when most of us see thinks that fly in the face of what we know is "right" about football, we are going to want to know why.
Spot on. Listen, if we had a game that was totally realistic, there would be no fun in it. The game would move too slow for one, and people could only get a quarter of fun out of it. Yet, NCAA 09 shouldn't have the problems that it does with the "robo QB," the absent defense in the middle, and the high completion ratings.

Also, I play video games to have fun. But if I have games to where the score resembles a NBA game, there's no fun in that. It's not just that I want a more realistic game, it's just that this game should have some sort of defense.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #71
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31

I see what you're getting at, but I guess I cannot understand why people strive to perfectly recreate something from the real world in an obviously fantastic setting like a video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #72
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Quote:
I see what you're getting at, but I guess I cannot understand why people strive to perfectly recreate something from the real world in an obviously fantastic setting like a video game.
We strive for it because we pay for it. I'm not paying $60 for NCAA Blitz. Your argument makes little sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »