Home

FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense

This is a discussion on FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense

Sliders will help alot but i tend to find that playing MLB or S and cheating to the middle help alot in getting sacks. The QB will hold it longer since no one is clearly open. I still am not that hot on the QB AI but i do think cheating to the middle against the CPU helps the fun factor.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm going to have to give this a try as QBs in my Online Dynasty are posting record gamedays on my ***... Chase Daniel went for 503yds on me (even though he was picked 3 times, 2 for tds and I won) and McCoy from Texas almost broke a record too. I was thinking of adjusting the sliders some but my friend and I (only two in the Dynasty) decided to wait till next season to see if we need to adjust.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
I'm going to have to give this a try as QBs in my Online Dynasty are posting record gamedays on my ***... Chase Daniel went for 503yds on me (even though he was picked 3 times, 2 for tds and I won) and McCoy from Texas almost broke a record too. I was thinking of adjusting the sliders some but my friend and I (only two in the Dynasty) decided to wait till next season to see if we need to adjust.
I have been using the 0 slider theory- i dont' recall the guy who is posting them. Its been pretty decent.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #20
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Playing CB (well) makes a HUGE difference.

In my Penn State dynasty, on default Heisman, I am giving up 10 ppg.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #21
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I have been using the 0 slider theory- i dont' recall the guy who is posting them. Its been pretty decent.
Same here. I think I like those sliders for Heisman. My only adjustment to those sliders was raising Knockdowns to 100 for both HUM & CPU.

I just recorded 7 sacks as FSU vs Penn State. 7 sacks! I lost the game though because Deon Butler went bananas and scored 4 TDs because Michael Ray Garvin decided he wanted to tackle like Deion Sanders. I didn't even record an INT which was surprising. No wait, they tried some fake punt trickeration that backfired and I picked off the punter. It was a great game overall. I had sacks with DTs, DEs, LBs and a nice one on a corner blitz. I think I took control of every position on defense at one point or another and had a blast as usual.

I swear, if they fixed the return game (similar to what it was like in the demo) and tweak a couple things ever so slightly, this game would be unreal.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 07-20-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #22
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
Playing CB (well) makes a HUGE difference.

In my Penn State dynasty, on default Heisman, I am giving up 10 ppg.
Penn State has a Godlike defense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »