Home

Are the people complaining cheesers?

This is a discussion on Are the people complaining cheesers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Are the people complaining cheesers?

If I tried dropping back with my QB 20+ yards I'd be killed. Mike Teel makes Drew Bledsoe seem like an Olympic Sprinter.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Texas Tech(me) vs LSU(online opponent)

I just got raped online 70-28. Can you say Rocket catch.

I am not gonna cry on this tactic as I am hoping there is a way to defend this and I just have not figured it out. However when you play someone who does this WELL, its like you might as well not even field a defense.

I think those who have not played such games think because they can shut the cpu down and a few of their friends that equates to this game has balanced gameplay. You really need to play these type of people online who know how to work the WR's and have them just jump and and snag everything no matter how many men you have near them. Gets pretty frustrating when you see your men in place to make a play and they stand and watch the WR leap up and grab the ball and when you try and take control your men dont respond fast enough or you end up moving them totally out of the play.

I think towards the end of the game I may have figured out how to defend it but its NOT easy, especially when your dline can generate no pass rush and blitzes seem to never get there.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I would say they have cheese mentality in that they have little concept of moderation and reality. They think that their average to moderately good defenses will always take the best angles and always cover their man. They think that they should never get beaten to the corner by a faster back. They think that the cpu should always play a close game even when they are Ohio state playing Bowling Green, ETC. That said there are some minor gameplay flaws, but I think most of the complaints are very overblown, cheesers or not.
Yes, because completing 90% of your passes and not having a pass rush is a minor gameplay flaw. Would it be a minor gameplay flaw if I could shoot 60% from 3 in a basketball game and no one would be able to guard me outside the 3 point line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

Lets relax guys- First off, i have issues with the game but lets not attack Adam, he is a saint dealing with the general BS on the board.

Second, i don't understand why the OP thinks people complaining are cheesers. Most the complaints i read are external things like sliders and rosters with kick returns the most common gameplay complaint. Those are non cheezer things and they are things mentioned by Adam and Ian. I believe the rosters are in patch 1 even.

The QB AI and some of the other lesser complained about beefs i read about- i don't see how cheezers would complain really anymore than non-cheezers. They are what they are.

In the end, this will be a lock thread is my guess. Just hate to see so many haters and lovers fight threads.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Adam, after that post I KNOW your work for EA. If you think that only three people have an issue with the computer completing 70% of passes, you don't really read the posts here. I would suggest actually playing the game that you made.

I don't play online, mostly because my connection is so-so. I'm not all about going out there and killing the computer. In fact, I like it when the computer can truly beat me and out whit me. That is no excuse though for an invincible pocket and cruddy pass mechanics.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am not complaining at all dkrause, if you are referring to me because i started this thread. I was simply looking for an honest opinion about the gameplay issues. One thing i was wondering is, if everyone who's opponent's quarterback goes 25 for 28 with three interceptions, are these people going for interception all the time? Because just maybe, theoretically EA did this on purpose so if you would try to knockdown passes more often it would be more effective, rather than trying to go for the interception all the time. This would lower the stats of the QB that everyone is talking about and retain the interception problem last year that everyone is talking about. This is why i am merely seeking an education opinion.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #15
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas872
I am not complaining at all dkrause, if you are referring to me because i started this thread. I was simply looking for an honest opinion about the gameplay issues. One thing i was wondering is, if everyone who's opponent's quarterback goes 25 for 28 with three interceptions, are these people going for interception all the time? Because just maybe, theoretically EA did this on purpose so if you would try to knockdown passes more often it would be more effective, rather than trying to go for the interception all the time. This would lower the stats of the QB that everyone is talking about and retain the interception problem last year that everyone is talking about. This is why i am merely seeking an education opinion.
I see your point, but that still doesn't excuse them from this glitch. I think that if they wanted for you to not intercept the ball any more, they would have turned that down, but found a way for it to be deflected away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I see. Do you think it would be possible for them to fix? I would like to know because i am not a game programmer so i wouldn't understand the fundamentals going into the game. Why would they release a game that consist of so many glitches if what people say is true?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »