Home

Are the people complaining cheesers?

This is a discussion on Are the people complaining cheesers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Are the people complaining cheesers?

For example, are the people who say that they throw too many interceptions in 09, are these the people who run back 25 yards and try to throw corner and deep routes all the time in 08? And are the people who who say that the computer gets too many complete passes and every incomplete pass is an interception, are these the people that go for interceptions all the time instead of trying to break up passes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Are the people complaining cheesers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas872
For example, are the people who say that they throw too many interceptions in 09, are these the people who run back 25 yards and try to throw corner and deep routes all the time in 08? And are the people who who say that the computer gets too many complete passes and every incomplete pass is an interception, are these the people that go for interceptions all the time instead of trying to break up passes?
I'd say the vast majority are not cheesers.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I would say they have cheese mentality in that they have little concept of moderation and reality. They think that their average to moderately good defenses will always take the best angles and always cover their man. They think that they should never get beaten to the corner by a faster back. They think that the cpu should always play a close game even when they are Ohio state playing Bowling Green, ETC. That said there are some minor gameplay flaws, but I think most of the complaints are very overblown, cheesers or not.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

No. There are legitimate issues with this game.

Once/if the patch fixes a few things (some they fixed in a patch last year) this game will be T-I-T-T-I-E-S.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 07-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I doubt it. I am not skilled enough to be a cheeser, but this game has enough issues to deserve some serious complaint threads. I have not posted any here (just on my site), but there are issues with the game. It is fun, but the issues are legitimate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
No. There are legitimate issues with this game.

Once/if the patch fixes a few things (some they fixed in a patch last year) this game will be T-I-T-T-I-E-S.
It is both. I'm not so sure cheesers, but there are legitimate issues and overblown opinions. When 3 guys all think one area of gameplay needs better tuning, they will shout it loud enough and often enough that people begin accepting it for fact. I believe the US government does this as well!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It is both. I'm not so sure cheesers, but there are legitimate issues and overblown opinions. When 3 guys all think one area of gameplay needs better tuning, they will shout it loud enough and often enough that people begin accepting it for fact. I believe the US government does this as well!
Oh good going, Adam. Now everyone who posts in this thread is going to be monitored by the feds and be deemed a threat to national security...

Next thing you know the CIA is going to search every bit of code in NCAA and correlate the numbers to match some kind of conspiracy theory and put everyone who bought the game in jail.

Just kidding. God bless the USA.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 07-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas872
And are the people who who say that the computer gets too many complete passes and every incomplete pass is an interception, are these the people that go for interceptions all the time instead of trying to break up passes?
No, these are the people playing a game that's programed to throw complete passes on every throw, with the only chance of an incompletion happening when you put someone between the quarterback and the receiver, and when that happens, you get interceptions, and when it doesn't happen, you get a complete pass. If anything, there would be fewer interceptions if there were bad passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »