Home

pump faking as you drop back = cheese

This is a discussion on pump faking as you drop back = cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: pump faking as you drop back = cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Personally I do not get joy from a "ranked" online game. With that said I would still consider what they are doing "cheese". They are exploiting the games programming.
I agree with that 100%. The whole Mike Vick thing in Madden really turned me off to competitive online sports gaming. Sure, I will play with my friends online, but no one that I don't know.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Sorry but EA can't fix this. People are going to "cheese" no matter what. That is how they play the game. I consider NBA 2k8 the best "sim" game BUT it is vulnerable to the "cheese" also. Sometimes trying to limit the "cheese" takes more control AWAY from the user which scare devs away.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #11
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston85
Ran into 2 cheesers last night and beat them both. If you can run the ball on a cheeser they get fustrated and predictable. I just run cover 4 and go up for the long bombs, some times i get an INT and sometimes i get burned, but its a great feeling beating them.

That being said its fustrating losing to cheese. I have always said, there should be a room tha says no cheesers. EA allows you to open rooms, so why dont people do it?
What button do you use to jump up and grab a pick on a long ball?

I played a guy last night. I had Carr isolated 1 on 1 so I threw it deep and it got picked by him. I am not sure if he did it or it was the AI because the game was so laggy I could not tell.
Regardless, I'd like to know how to defend the deep ball myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

triangle(ps3) you have to time it, the shadow of the ball, get in front of him as well

now if he has a big wideout you may lose that battle, but its the only way to stop chessers from winning
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #13
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
I never knew about this. I will use pump fake when my opponent is playing over the middle.

And the complaining of people rolling out non stop needs to stop. CONTAIN!!! Contain has some minor flaws in the game but most of the time it does its job.
There shouldn't be a specific play for "contain", it should happen anytime the QB leaves the pocket. Programming band aid.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
There shouldn't be a specific play for "contain", it should happen anytime the QB leaves the pocket. Programming band aid.
i agree. now im subjected to calling one play with a contain de front due to the cheeser abusing the qb rolliut?
ea should let the de come off the block and hunt down the qb everytime

why should i have to counter cheese with a 2 play defense?
i understand you have to do what stops it, but ea shouldnt let it be in the game

youre gonna tell me ea intended the game to be played with qb dropping back 10+ yards or hiking and darting to the sidelines?

im sick of playing my "friends list" to get a sim game. its the same 25-30 people.

even worse is running i form dive all game for 4-5 yards a pop
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #15
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston85
triangle(ps3) you have to time it, the shadow of the ball, get in front of him as well

now if he has a big wideout you may lose that battle, but its the only way to stop chessers from winning
Thanks..ok. That is Y for 360 then. I am good at switching men and not touching the sticks then doing it, but I wanted to make sure I was hitting the right button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
WOW. You must really not know football. If you are playing against a mobile quarterback, in real life, you either spy and/or contain with your dline. Maybe you should go get a copy of Blitz cause you must not like realism.

Unless it is Tebow (best qb in the game) it is pretty risky to roll to one side and throw to the other. Thus the running to the sidelines splits the field in half for the defense.

Also if someone ran I formation dive all game I would kill them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »