Home

(Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

This is a discussion on (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #25
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
An EA rep playing a user and talking about.... Never thought I would see the day. Much props to the new open EA.
Yeah, I never expected this either. Aren't they supposed to be the Evil Empire?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #26
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
There is definitely a post snap speed "handicap" with DBs and LBs. WRs simply EXPLODE past them on outs and slants many times.
There is also a blatant speed handicap on special teams. If this is in fact true, it should be an easy fix for EA and we should have the patch before the season starts.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #27
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I personally think "Wide Open Gameplay" could be instituted on both sides of the ball. It doesn't just have to be relegated to offense as it is on this game. Hopefully post patch it'l be better.

I don't mind be beat by the CPU if it's honest, but when the CPU is burning my players b/c my guys are running like they have doodie in their pants, well that's when I want to throw my controller through my big screen.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
The problem is the speed differential between offensive and defensive players.

I can be playing as a good MLB...recognize a speedy HB going to the flat for a pass...and NEVER COME CLOSE.

It's frustrating...I need to mask the HB with a DB now...only shot you get!

LBs can not cover HBs/WRs, period. That's why crossing routes are money.

Plus throw in the fact that the defensive AI is pretty bad...hooks are money...yellow zones are terrible.

With all this said...I can adapt to how the game plays. Fix the roster (which they are) and online dynasty server issues and I'm happy.

I'd take that over LB's covering and keeping up with good speedy RB's/WR's all the time. To me the speed differences are needed and add to the strategy although they might be a tad overdone. The problem is the QB has all day to throw so you can just sit and wait until the RB or WR etc.. break away from the defender. One of the strategies for teams that are a bit slower is to get pressure on the QB to have him have to make quick decisions. That's not possible right now. So fix the pass rush and I think everything will fall into place.

I just don't want to go back to the days where getting speed or quick players wasn't important because 1 leg Willy LB could still cover them.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-21-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I've never had an issue with online play. Not in 08. Not in 09. All of my games are very smooth both years.
Same here. In 08 the only thing laggy was the depth chart and the kicking meter. In 09 everything, so far, has been pretty smooth.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #30
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
It's not just you. The HUM controlled defense definitely does a little shimmy as the ball is just snapped. It just needs to be tweaked a tad. I don't want nano mania blitzing or anything, but very little pressure from a dominant front four vs. an average or below average OL is not exactly football in my book.
Anytime i play as a DL and i jump the snap, it causes me to do a little stutter step or head fake that slows me down just enough. No idea what thats about

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #31
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
My thoughts...

Nothing worked. I deliberately held onto the ball a few times (and was sacked) just to see how long it took one of his defenders to come after me.

One sack...I held the ball NINE seconds.

Another...I held the ball EIGHT seconds.

That is simply way too much time and would never occur in a real game.

And as he mentioned, Troy's BEST O linemen is about 6 points lower than Tennessee's WORST Starting DL. And he never created pressure with the front 4 in a reasonable amount of time.
Ian,

I hope that you were able to see this. Even looking at the first video that you posted I can see this.

When your video starts, the Troy QB already has the ball and has dropped back. I am going to say that was at least 1-2 seconds. Then it takes an additional 7 seconds before anyone gets near the QB. AA just kind of stood in place slightly drifting to his left for a good 5 seconds and it looked as though he had the spartan army protecting him. Granted, you may have dropped one or two of your DL into a zone. I couldn't really tell from that video, but lets be honest; if Troy played Tenn the Troy QB would never have 9 seconds to do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'd take that over LB's covering and keeping up with good speedy RB's/WR's all the time. To me the speed differences are needed and add to the strategy although they might be a tad overdone. The problem is the QB has all day to throw so you can just sit and wait until the RB or WR etc.. break away from the defender. One of the strategies for teams that are a bit slower is to get pressure on the QB to have him have to make quick decisions. That's not possible right now. So fix the pass rush and I think everything will fall into place.

I just don't want to go back to the days where getting speed or quick players wasn't important because 1 leg Willy LB could still cover them.
I agree with you 100%. I think that if the ol/dl interface was fixed it would solve most of the problems on the defensive side of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »