Home

(Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

This is a discussion on (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

Hey AuburnAlumni, Id like to play you sometime and chat about what we are seeing.

I can adapt to the coverage aspects of the game, but with the lack of impact your front 7 has in generating presuure, the game basically boils down to hoping that I can catch on to a tendency and bait the other user into a mistake.

The antidote to these spread offenses, is pressure..and the ability to generate any in the passing gameis a severe handicap, and it is my one major frustration with this game.

Right now, there are a lot of people getting fat and thinking that they are good because of this.

If you are playing someone who understands that there is absolutely no reason to hurry a throw, or leave the pocket..you are in for a shoot out.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #34
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Ian, any thought on adding a pass rush rating to the defensive players? Awareness for defensive lineman needs to be broken up for the good run stuffers and the great pass rushers as instincts are important when rushing the passer (besides speed and quickness). You have pass block ratings for OL, why not a pass rush rating for defensive players?

Any chance you will allow users to play an online game with different slider sets? This might make a big difference as well.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #35
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
In previous years I would have agreed...but the game I had with AA was pretty much perfect. There was one small patch where we had some lag but I found out my wife was downloading a game from yahoo during that time. Have you run broadband speed tests and such? Also try playing someone close to you if possible as well.
Ok, I'm assuming you are in Orlando like myself. I am using brighthouse cable, it's good, COD4 runs very nice.

What is frustrating is that I was in the game and that was when I relazied that it was lagging bad. It was too late and I had to quit after a while.

I probably screwed up and did not see a connection indicator. Is there one to look for when you are at the matchup screen? That was probably my mistake for not seeing it.

It's good to read that you guys are not having connection issues. This hopefully was just a bad connection then, which is good. Even if I sell this game in a while, I am planning on getting Madden and it's good to know the EA servers are cool. I just got a little jumpy because I read you saying that you are not good at making moves online, which lead me to believe the games lag.

Last edited by Methlab; 07-21-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'd take that over LB's covering and keeping up with good speedy RB's/WR's all the time. To me the speed differences are needed and add to the strategy although they might be a tad overdone. The problem is the QB has all day to throw so you can just sit and wait until the RB or WR etc.. break away from the defender. One of the strategies for teams that are a bit slower is to get pressure on the QB to have him have to make quick decisions. That's not possible right now. So fix the pass rush and I think everything will fall into place.

I just don't want to go back to the days where getting speed or quick players wasn't important because 1 leg Willy LB could still cover them.
I agree 100% Matching up a LB with a speedy HB and a WR SHOULD be a mismatch. EA PLEASE don't dumb down the game.

Just fix the pass rush, all will be fine.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I agree 100% Matching up a LB with a speedy HB and a WR SHOULD be a mismatch. EA PLEASE don't dumb down the game.

I 150% agree. EA PLEASE don't mess with the speed. The only true problem is the pass blocking is over powered. Lower the pass blocking power of the offensive line and everything else will fix itself.

The speed difference is perfect and models the true mismatch of matching a LB on a WR. Play calling now is more important. Watching a player with 1 of a kind speed like Percy Harvin put space between him and a sub-par corner is a thing of beauty.

Once the Pass rush gets fixed you will see the issues with passing completely fixed. Less time to sit and wait for WR's to get open. Less time to find the open WR every play, less time to dance around in the backfield and make the deep throw. Keeping backs in to block should be more important. If this was the case the flats will not be used quit as much.

BUT I am starting to really love the game.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #38
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Unbelieveable, you guys are freakin insane! You can take Laurenitis or whoever your favorite LB is and he can't keep up with a 280lb TE on a basic over the middle pass. That's not real; and I'm not just talking about keeping up stride for stride, I'm tlking about they're lagging 5 yds behind the guy. I don't know what type of football you like, but when my LB is 92 in speed, and a TE is 83, I expect him to at least be right there when the guy catches the ball.

The User defensive speed is way too slow this year. AND to add to that, when the CPU is on defense they move as fast as ever. Their blitzes are way more effective than yours b/c their not running in sand.

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-21-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #39
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

absolutely agree

...also fixing the kicking meter for online games (making kicking tougher) would make the game better, but I guess that wont happen.

those are the two things keeping this from being a very good game imo.

Last edited by ZB9; 07-21-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #40
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

it seems that there are some speed problems that seem to come on d but i never have any problems covering with my backer or getting into the flat. i do play with wisconsin and i think my 87 speed mlb is just fine(on another note the user pick button is jacked, just had to throw that in) the d blitz has no speed and so many wasted steps by d linemen before they engage in the suction block(which you guys have hit on and i agree totally about it). three or four steps and standing straight up before they even get to the oline and no outside heat which allows the qb to drop back as far and to either side they want. i'm a high school scout and i see so much game tape and i feel like one of those screaming high school coaches when i watch replays some times (which i don't need to watch to know how bad the dline looks) but the oline looks great. especially if you go in practice mode offense only. but once you add the dline with the same ai or worse than 04 it just doesn't make any football sense. if the de's would pressure the outside and force the qb up in the pocket i feel that you could still have time to throw just not be able to just run around and chunk it. if you drop back 10 yards the de should be crushing you everytime. also you guys have got to add a wider camera angle so we can see the outside wrs and not have to roll out some to see them. i think alot of guys wouldn't roll out if they could see the cb's coverage at the snap. bring back classic view.

i haven't had one connection prob and i have wireless. a couple guys i played said they were getting lag but i haven't had one prob yet. i can even string moves together.

hey future or aa did you guys play on all-a or Heisman? i won't even play on aa anymore the games are so much better online on heisman. with your low score i thought you might be but i was just wondering. still no pass rush on heisman but the crossing routes are much better covered. and the tackling is better so no rbs are making move after move on me which gets me angry!

i'm glad everyone is seeing what i'm seein at least everyone is on the same page which should make it easy for ea to get down to the nitty gritty on fixing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »