Home

30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

This is a discussion on 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #73
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

Ok..seriously it's getting old, I thought it was funny the first time you defending it and actually trying to make a point that this "catch" occurs in reality..just stop, either close this or move on.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy007
Hey DON what is wrong with EA telling its players to play themselves and not sit back and expect the CPU to play for you?

I bet you if you play Zone defense and only rush 4 defenders. Michael Vick wouldn't ever get touched. And could bomb every pass if he wanted to. Its that simple.
Tampa Bay Bucs and Jon gruden made it possible to contain Mike Vick and great athletic Qbs like him. By spying on the Qb while Blitzing and playing Cover 2 in the backfield.
How much football do you watch????????

You are saying they never run zone defense against vick with only 4 down?????? THEN he can bomb all day, where is all these highlights there should be tons and tons of him doing this. I wanna see.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #75
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

There's gotta be a lock coming at some point, right?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

This is what we have to put up with. YOU are the reason many of us can't go online in a ranked game and have fun. YOU are the reason many here won't play online.

From my point of view you are not welcome here. But this is not my forum (your lucky lol). I think very low of your kind. Bottom line.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #77
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

A 4-2-5 With SS Blitz take control of the free safety play deep that would stop A lot of this BS. Not condoning this type of BS but I have played and beat people who Cheese like this all the time. Mixing in a lil 3-3-5 wouldn't hurt either the bottom line is you have to rush a CB or a
safety to effectively get pressure I know it suck but if you encounter this type of BS that what it takes to compete.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 1

Once again not one person has touched on what the biggest issue is on this video! And that is the losing player is not controlling his players but is letting the CPU play for him!

WHY HASNT anyone talked about how the LOSING PLAYER dropped back 25 yards JUST LIKE THE WEST VIRGINIA PLAYER DID (2:40 in the video) and bombed the pass but was INTERCEPTED!

The only difference is he wasn't controlling his MEN like the SKILLED PLAYER was.

AND that is what EA is saying!
You can do whatever you want in this game if your opponent does NOTHING but stop and sit there and WATCHING then you will get burned! AND THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!

The skilled player watch his opponent drop back 25 yards and intercepted his pass because he controlled his own destiny.

HE DID NOT LEAVE IT UP TO THE CPU LIKE YOU GUYS DO!

That is what EA is SAYING and has said for years!

The video proves my point. Both guys on the video was doing the same thing. But the better more skilled player dominated because he controlled his own destiny and did not leave it to the CPU like the other guy did.

No one can effectively argue against that!

Last edited by y2flyy007; 07-21-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy007
Gamelove could you please answer these questions PLEASE!

1) If Michael Vick ran back from the line on scrimmage 25 yards could one of the DEs who weigh 2x as much as he catch him?

2) Ok lets say he did that could he throw the ball 50 yards down field to a receiver in Single coverage?

1) Yes, he could one play but him sprinting back 30 yards would make him exausted. Also it wouldnt be that accurate. Another thing is the farther he drops back the easier it is for the DEs to get to him. He has to step into his throw which they dont in the video.

2) If he drops back 30 yards and throws it 50 yards down field thats 80 yards. IMPOSSIBLE
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover13
1) Yes, he could one play but him sprinting back 30 yards would make him exausted. Also it wouldnt be that accurate. Another thing is the farther he drops back the easier it is for the DEs to get to him. He has to step into his throw which they dont in the video.

2) If he drops back 30 yards and throws it 50 yards down field thats 80 yards. IMPOSSIBLE
THEN if he drops back 30 yards and throws it 50 yards that is ONLY a 20 yard play WHO DOES THAT???
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »