Home

30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

This is a discussion on 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
I agree with everything you said except this...APF was the same unsim gameplay. I mean you could run the flea flicker 15 times in a game and win big. Its not the game fault its more on the user, I think they could contain the problem but they will always be there.
I am not speaking about flea flickers(and they can be stopped) I am talking about being able to roll back 30 yards, have all kinds of time, and make a 70 yard throw, then have a WR just jump up in the air and snag it.

I am not trying to start a 2k vs EA war. Clearly 2K has its flaws but its not the point i am trying to make. I was really trying to address how someone can say "it cant be fixed" and there is a game that exists that does not allow you to do what you see in that video.

The EA dev team needs to look at what they did and bring it into their game somehow or make something better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I am not speaking about flea flickers(and they can be stopped) I am talking about being able to roll back 30 yards, have all kinds of time, and make a 70 yard throw, then have a WR just jump up in the air and snag it.

I am not trying to start a 2k vs EA war. Clearly 2K has its flaws but its not the point i am trying to make. I was really trying to address how someone can say "it cant be fixed" and there is a game that exists that does not allow you to do what you see in that video.

The EA dev team needs to look at what they did and bring it into their game somehow or make something better.

Im not trying to start a war either I am with you guys I want something to be done also. I just dont see it happening anytime soon with games the way they are now.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #27
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

with the slow defense now, this is even worse this year than ever.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #28
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Here is a quick fix:

Change the football to a beach ball.

Problem fixed.

Here is the problem:

Devs have seen this for years now. Solution, leave it alone as there are bigger issues like dancing with a mascot.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6
Icon14 Re: 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I played a guy last night who ran that type of offense. When you dont face it alot you dont really know how to defend against it. Its pretty frustrating.

When you go online you want to be able to play whoever and have a good game and playing lots of different people helps your skills. So for people to say well only play people you know this is a cop out imo to excuse why this type of gameplay is even possible in a football game. I should not have to limit myself to just playing my friends(thus limiting my game skills) because the game allows for this type of stuff.

To the guy who said it cant be fixed, I say go play AP2K8. You cant do the crap you see in this vid in that game.

This game has alot of potential but its still ball and chained to the same BS thats made it weak for the past 5 years.

This game has a core gameplay problem that needs to be discussed with us and the devs so this type of game play can be eliminated. It seems instead of trying to create functions that address these problems, the old functions have the numbers changed and wal lah we have a different play style for that years game and the users will just have to deal with it.

I dont want to continue complaining about old problems, we need to have a debate with the devs on how to code the game to give the user tools to play defense and offense in a competitive and fair way.
great post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #30
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
Bum *** cheesers play like this in EVERY game...NBA 2k...madden...choops 2k..all pro...there are these type of players everywhere not just EA games.

About the game itself though The guy who was the sooners was making some horrible defensive calls just down right bad.

The WVU guy was using every exploit in the book to win I hope I never run into either one of these guys.
Yeah bad defensive choices now i want to see some video of that happening in double coverage. Also why not have a slider for arm fatigue, throwing deep every play will cause you to underthrow after a while.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 07-21-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

I SWEAR YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF CRYBABIES!
There was absolutely nothing wrong with what was shown in that video.
What you guys don't realize is the dude playing as West Virginia is a very very skilled player!

I bet you a players like White or a Michael Vick or very very athletic quarterback can do everything in this video in real life in a college football game. (If they wanted to and/or if the coach would let them)

The longer a quarterback evades defense (in whatever manner) the more wide open his receivers get. This is shown in this video!

What bothers me more are you unskilled whiners who act like this cannot be stopped!!!! IT CAN!
Watch the video again and tell me you do not see my point the West Virginia player (very skilled) was making all the PLAYS HIMSELF AND NOT SITTING THERE WATCHING THE CPU TRY AND DEFEND FOR HIM!
HE made TWO users picks by switching over playing the ball himself! While the other guy spectated expecting the CPU TO MAKE THE PLAY FOR HIM.
The when he gets burned you girls call it ROCKET CATCHING????

LOL are you serious? Where did someone rocket catch? Watch the video again West Virginia Receivers never jumped any higher than receivers jump in real life. So how is it rocket catching?

Like I said all the West Virginia player did was make the plays himself while his opponent stood there and watched his CPU failed miserably. And lets not talk about the horrible play calling he had going on.

Human player with skills DEFEATS a CPU player any day!

Last edited by y2flyy007; 07-21-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy007
I SWEAR YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF CRYBABIES!
There was absolutely nothing wrong with what was shown in that video.
What you guys don't realize is the dude playing as West Virginia is a very very skilled player!

I bet you a players like White or a Michael Vick or very very athletic quarterback can do everything in this video in real life in a college football game. (If they wanted to and/or if the coach would let them)

The longer a quarterback evades defense (in whatever manner) the more wide open his receivers get. This is shown in this video!

What bothers me more are you unskilled whiners who act like this cannot be stopped!!!! IT CAN!
Watch the video again and tell me you do not see my point the West Virginia player (very skilled) was making all the PLAYS HIMSELF AND NOT SITTING THERE WATCHING THE CPU TRY AND DEFEND FOR HIM!
HE made TWO users picks by switching over playing the ball himself! While the other guy spectated expecting the CPU TO MAKE THE PLAY FOR HIM.
The when he gets burned you girls call it ROCKET CATCHING????

LOL are you serious? Where did someone rocket catch? Watch the video again West Virginia Receivers never jumped any higher than receivers jump in real life. So how is it rocket catching?

Like I said all the West Virginia player did was make the plays himself while his opponent stood there and watched his CPU failed miserably. And lets not talk about the horrible play calling he had going on.

Human player with skills DEFEATS a CPU player any day!
*note to self*

avoid this cheeser at all costs
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »