Home

Does the CPU call enough run plays...

This is a discussion on Does the CPU call enough run plays... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Does the CPU call enough run plays...

This is not a the game is broken thread just asking everyones opinion on the CPU playcalling... I know people feel the Passing game is too over powering but it seems they dont run enough... Even the teams that run the spread run the ball just as much as they pass unless your not on the main land or you are Texas Tech...

So how has the CPU run game felt so far to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Does the CPU call enough run plays...

A few teams has run alot on me...especially Joe McKnight of USC and DeMarco Murry of Oklahoma. They do their share of running the ball. Murray and McKnight has broken a few long runs on my defense.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

It depends on who you play and who you play with. Becuase so many teams run the spread offense running isnt the same as it is in the NFL so allot of teams do nothing but pass and run the spread option.

When Im playing a close game or from behind they run allot more than when I am killing a team. I think its pretty realistic. Ive seen teams with good RBs do everthing they can to get the ball in their running backs hands. My only problem is that their running back AI is a little erratic. They make bad descions on getting upfied too often.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Navy I think threw the ball 9 times on me when I played them. As a majority though, no I see 10-15 run plays then the rest passing. But, if since they are completing 80 percent of your passes, they don't have much of a reason to.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Not quite enough for my liking.

In dynasty games what I'm doing is creating a coach for my opponent and setting their run/pass ratio to 70/30 and on 7 minute quarters I'm basically seeing them get 30 rush attempts and 25ish passing attempts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Not quite enough for my liking.

In dynasty games what I'm doing is creating a coach for my opponent and setting their run/pass ratio to 70/30 and on 7 minute quarters I'm basically seeing them get 30 rush attempts and 25ish passing attempts.
Very good idea. How do u do it exactly? Before each game create that coach and then play as your team? I didnt know it would let us do that. I've always wanted to though so the CPU would run the ball more.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
Very good idea. How do u do it exactly? Before each game create that coach and then play as your team? I didnt know it would let us do that. I've always wanted to though so the CPU would run the ball more.

Check this out guys: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sim-style.html

It works wonders...don't worry about your sliders, just pay attention to the run/pass %s at the bottom and I think you'll like the results!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
In dynasty go to dynasty settings (the second one from the bottom of the menu) then go to coach positions. Press A on any coach and something will pop up giving you the option to create a coach or edit that coach. Create a coach and press start. Back at the list of coaches select that coach and then go to Find Job. He'll be a six star prestige coach automatically so every team wants him. Scroll through the teams and pick your opponent and accept their offer. When you exit back out to the dynasty menu you will automatically be under that team. You then go to team strategy (like the third from the top I believe) and then coach strategy. Under coach strategy there are sliders for run/pass.

You can check the link the person above posted for each teams run/pass ratios to get them to run the ball a realistic amount, but in general setting it from 70 to 80 percent run will get them to run the ball about half the time. Also what I personally do is change their playbook to West Coast because it has fewer shotgun formations which cuts down on the amount of times they call QB Read Option out of shotgun with a slow QB, leading to easy sacks for you. Also under coach strategy you will need to change their defense back to a 4-3 or whatever they are supposed to have. After you play the game you should delete that coach and then do it over for your next opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »