Home

I cant have FUN!

This is a discussion on I cant have FUN! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
I cant have FUN!

I started out on AA. That didn't last very long because I was having too much success. So I said lets bump it up and just mess with some sliders. Well I got a set from here on OS, and played 2 games. First game I didnt get to finish(The Dark Knight cut it short) second I was DESTROYED by....Western Michigan which is my first opponent in my dynasty w/ the Huskers. Now when I say destroyed, I don't mean I was man handled(final score: 52-44). I mean I could not stop anything. Stopping any play out of the backfield to the backs is a joke. The slant route will make you cry. No pass rush in sight, not even on a 6 man blitz. I just don't have fun with this game. Its getting to me. I dont know what to do to make it fun.

Also, I'm not doing this to complain. Its in hope that others are feeling the same. I know crying and bitching wont solve anything so I don't intend or mean to if it seems that way.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 07-22-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I cant have FUN!

I just completed a season with Kansas, and I actually had quite a bit of fun. Was frustrating that I beat down Texas Tech 35-14, then the next week lose to an unranked K-State by a field goal. Then I blew out Texas who was number 2 at the time 52-13, then turn around and lose by two touchdowns to a 5-6 Mizzou. I mean they were a 94, but everyone else in the Big XII was beating them. Frustrating, but also kind of fun because just when I think the game's too easy, I get a reality check. Plus I did win the Big XII and Fiesta Bowl, so all was not lost.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I started out on AA. That didn't last very long because I was having too much success. So I said lets bump it up and just mess with some sliders. Well I got a set from here on OS, and played 2 games. First game I didnt get to finish(The Dark Knight cut it short) second I was DESTROYED by....Western Michigan which is my first opponent in my dynasty w/ the Huskers. Now when I say destroyed, I don't mean I was man handled(final score: 52-44). I mean I could not stop anything. Stopping any play out of the backfield to the backs is a joke. The slant route will make you cry. No pass rush in sight, not even on a 6 man blitz. I just don't have fun with this game. Its getting to me. I dont know what to do to make it fun.

Also, I'm not doing this to complain. Its in hope that others are feeling the same. I know crying and bitching wont solve anything so I don't intend or mean to if it seems that way.
Hmm, well I've been having nothing but great games with firktaf's sliders on Heisman. I got rocked once because I played stupid, and I won two games I should have won, but I couldn't coast (I was trying to win trophies)
Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
Hmm, well I've been having nothing but great games with firktaf's sliders on Heisman. I got rocked once because I played stupid, and I won two games I should have won, but I couldn't coast (I was trying to win trophies)
I plan on giving it another go today. I'm using the same sliders as you. But I am reverting back to 5 min quarters. I held a sizable lead but there was so much time for them to catch up with 7 min quarters.

I just wish defense wasn't such a headache. I have always been a good defensive player and now I feel like I cant do anything to stop the opposition.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
I just completed a season with Kansas, and I actually had quite a bit of fun. Was frustrating that I beat down Texas Tech 35-14, then the next week lose to an unranked K-State by a field goal. Then I blew out Texas who was number 2 at the time 52-13, then turn around and lose by two touchdowns to a 5-6 Mizzou. I mean they were a 94, but everyone else in the Big XII was beating them. Frustrating, but also kind of fun because just when I think the game's too easy, I get a reality check. Plus I did win the Big XII and Fiesta Bowl, so all was not lost.

Those are my favorite kind of seasons. The one's where you pull a huge upset and you thinked you turned the corner but your quickly reminded that you have a ways to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I plan on giving it another go today. I'm using the same sliders as you. But I am reverting back to 5 min quarters. I held a sizable lead but there was so much time for them to catch up with 7 min quarters.

I just wish defense wasn't such a headache. I have always been a good defensive player and now I feel like I cant do anything to stop the opposition.
I am in the same boat as you. I run it up on the comp on All American. Get destroyed on Heisman. I hate messing with sliders because the moment I do I begin tweaking and tweaking to the point where I spend the whole time analyzing how the AI reacted and how they should react.

I just want to have fun and forget about all that.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Well the best I can tell you is that I usually control the FS and I just do my best to read the plays within the first second or two. As long as you stick to your assignment and you can get to the ballcarrier quickly on a run, it should be pretty realistic for you I still get burned every now and then because its natural and they are going to gain yards on me, but the last 5 games I have played have had incredibly realistic stats, regardless of if they were wins or losses
Old 07-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

I try and houte route out of my *** to tell the truth. Yellow zones are terrible. I rarely blitz and try and always have the flats covered by CPU controlled guys. I then either use a LB or S to patrol the middle of the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »