Home

Whats the big deal with next gen??

This is a discussion on Whats the big deal with next gen?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Whats the big deal with next gen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockman
Well I should have stated the only games I play are Football games, so Im much better off still with my old PS2 then right?
If you only play football games, there is no need to upgrade. If your into shooters though, current gen (360, PS3) is the way to go.

Current gen is the 360 and PS3, why do people still call it next gen, when its already here?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
If you only play football games, there is no need to upgrade. If your into shooters though, current gen (360, PS3) is the way to go.

Current gen is the 360 and PS3, why do people still call it next gen, when its already here?
Again, it's just marketing terminology that the gaming industry decided to use. The fact that we are discussing and using the phrase in forum threads shows they succeeded. (give that marketing exec a raise!)

All we are talking about are hardware upgrades...every 5 or 6 years a new system will come out that's faster and better looking. And the process starts all over. Happens within all of technology. Computer graphics cards are the worst.

Oh, and thanks for the kind remarks guys. It is just common sense, though.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm not saying ncaa 09 is great on the 360 but I find it fun enough to play, and online play for me over live is lag free pretty much granted there is a lot of cheesers out their but if you find friends to play with over live it is a blast. I also like the 60 fps on the 360 makes it play much better and while the player models don't look like they should for next gen they still look pretty good imo. But I agree other games like nba2k8 and call of duty 4 halo 3 etc defintally look a lot better then ea sports games no question to bad 2k doesn't have a football franchise anymore....
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

Hey PS2 guy, do you really enjoy those pursuit angles on the PS2 version?? I will admit the gameplay is better on PS2 than PS3 but those pursuit angles on PS2 last year were down right dumb and unplayable. Fortunately for me, this year the PS3 has the damn pursuit angle bug!!! Thanks for bringing the only PS2 bug and adding it to our other PS3 bugs EA, thank you so much.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67

Oh, and thanks for the kind remarks guys. It is just common sense, though.
Common sense seems to be in alarmingly short supply these days in the sports video game community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by advisory
This guy said it best.

And I still somewhat feel that Microsoft and Sony just tried to take advantage the HD burst.
this is exactly what happened. the 360 is a suped up reg xbox with hd graphics

im sure the ps3 with its blu ray discs will be superior in 2 years or so when game publishers start using those 50gb blu ray discs to the maximun

dvd 9 for 360 is just an old technology and the 360 has MAYBE 2-3 years TOPS left before aother xbox comes out (thatll be 3 in 10 years)
Old 07-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
OH. MY. GOD! Somebody out there actually gets it. I didn't think there were any rational and objective gamers left. Now if we could only get more of them to bring that objectivity to the table on these boards more often alot of the agenda-based haters might be stamped out and run off the site in humiliating fashion......which would, in turn, immediately raise the collective IQ of the OS community considerably. Not to mention the added benefit of actually getting quality discussion once in a while instead of navigating a nauseating amount of thread hijackings.
Hmmmm not quit true, expect for the ***** part. I do hate, i hate broad pawns like yourself who agree with the moderators 24/7 and tell us to chill when we just put 60$ on a game, and some how you and that other guy think we know nothing of the systems, game makers, ect. with your name it looks like you like Metallica too and i would figure that from a board *****-*****(similar to player-*****). There is no need to berate us Haters we are just venting and trying to get the word out that the game is below avg. so MAYBE things could get fixed. And we all "get it," EA got the NCAA official license, now they have no competition, so they make cheap games and sell them for 60+$. If we all speak up maybe we can get change but, if we have goob's harshing our on our COLLEGE FOOTBALL and other sports, then the million dollar corp will just keep ripping off the little guy. Lastly the collective IQ on the site would be high if it weren't for the stress clouding our judgement
Old 07-24-2008, 01:51 AM   #24
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
this is exactly what happened. the 360 is a suped up reg xbox with hd graphics

im sure the ps3 with its blu ray discs will be superior in 2 years or so when game publishers start using those 50gb blu ray discs to the maximun

dvd 9 for 360 is just an old technology and the 360 has MAYBE 2-3 years TOPS left before aother xbox comes out (thatll be 3 in 10 years)

I still think there can be more pushed from the 360 and the dvd 9 format.. some of the stuff epic is doing with their unreal engine 4 is simply amazing, and majority of that is being designed for the 360..i think blu ray is almost a curse for some games now.. they think that they have to take advantage of it and add more hd cutscenes and extra crap like that..and hence i said the word some, not all..i think games like madden can still get better on the dvd format because of the lack of hd cutscenes and the like. action games or rpgs that rely on those, maybe not. or maybe they could reshape the design to actually give you more freedom and gameplay... i just wish they would have built upon what the original xbox and ps2 did, just with better graphics and physics.. instead, we've taken 3 steps back on gameplay, to take 1 or 2 steps foward, which is still in process

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »