Home

Defensive Help Please!

This is a discussion on Defensive Help Please! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Defensive Help Please!

What kind of plays do you guys have success running? I play on heisman with some of the slider sets posted here and can not get any pressure or stop the qb. I've been running a lot of cover 1 press and cover 3 press but zone isn't working because I cant get to the quarterback.

Also, what player do you control on defense to get the best results. I've always palyed as DE but its just frustrating this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

dlamb919's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Defensive Help Please!

I've had a lot of success when I run the Nickel 3-3-5 DE (or QB) Contain.. I play press coverage and change the line to crash either left or right, depending on which hasmark the ball is on.

I've also had success when I run any kind of Zone Cover 2 and hot route the DE on the side of the open field to run a hook zone.

These two don't get much pressure, but for the passing game, it stops it pretty regularly.

Pressure on the QB has been tricky... obviously the more you blitz, the better your chances are, but then you leave yourself out to dry. I try to overload one side and send a DB and LB, that has worked more than others.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Defensive Help Please!

I always audible one of the DEs to man coverage on the RB and TE when I blitz with the linebackers. It can be a bit tricky and it sounds obvious, but I find this year more than others you cannot leave the RB or TEs open. It also helps to make sure you get good at taking control of your defense when the ball is in the air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »