Home

What defense is best agains the pass in this game?

This is a discussion on What defense is best agains the pass in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What defense is best agains the pass in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I do vary my D a lot in terms of going in and out of 4-3's and nickel formations. I use dime when there 4-5 WR's on the field as well.

I go from cover 2 to straight man to all out zone. I occasionally blitz a LB here and there, but I usually get his empty space picked open right away.
You're better off blitzing CB's then LB's

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
it's almost impossible to stop slants and crossing patterns. It seems like every time a WR would run a crossing pattern and then i follow him the computer always makes me slower or slow up.

I prefer using the MLB, in that way you can take up spaces in the middle and closing the gaps on slants and makes it a little easier to defend the crossing patterns. But if u just zone up, the CPU will dink and dunk on u all the way down the field...so u need to Blitz as well.
Which is pretty realistic, and would happen in real life if you zoned all game- no matter what team you are playing against.

I personally don't see what the big deal is at all with stopping the pass in this game, and think the negativity is way overblown. I am playing AA, default sliders, and am having no problem stopping the CPU on a regular basis. The only flaw I notice is the CPU will have a high completeion percentage, but who cares if the qb is 17-21 for 145 yards, 1TD and 2INT's?

Bottom line is that you need to mix up your defenses, call coverage audibles at the line if you see a slot receiver, play some bump coverage, have your middle linebacker play a zone via hot route, and voila- you can stop the cpu. I think people are upset that defense actually takes some adjustments and work this year...just like real football...and doesn't just play itself/dominate like it has the past few years.

On that note- I've also noticed the cpu plays different styles against me depending on the team. I've been having teams try to run me over and not even attempt many passes (Mississippi State), and then I will have teams that attack me via air only (UF). I know a lot of people were complaining the cpu won't rush against you, but these have been my findings.

Who knows, maybe I have a glitched copy because it actually works, but I am not finding the issues most of you complainers are having on these forums, just aren't issues for me.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
have your middle linebacker play a zone via hot route, and voila- you can stop the cpu. .
Im glad you brought hot routes up. Peep this When you pick your defensive play the CPU already knows what play you have picked so the cpu picks the best play to combat the D you are playing. Just say that you pick fireman out of 4-3 formation, thats the play when the 2 outside linebackers blitz. So you have 6 players rushing the QB, the cpu combats this by leaving in extra blockers because the cpu already knows what play you picked.

What I do to combat this is say I want to blitz I call 4-3 man under safety help over the top. Then I hot route my outside LBs to blitz and my safety to man up on the rb if I deemed that necessary. Then voila the cpu thinks im in str8 man so they dont leave in any extra blockers so my LBs can put pressure on the QB.

SO I have no problems getting pressure when I blitz. As for the front four getting pressure Im STILL working on that.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #12
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4

I run a lot of Nickel Velcro 9 for some reason in h2h games. Maybe because everyone rolls out and I have a DE waiting.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34

I cant take credit for this, as soemone posted a thread about it, but I have been having good success playing CB, and jumping the inside routes myself.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I still think running nickel Velcro 9 or Nickel 3-3-5 will help against the pass.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #15
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
Im glad you brought hot routes up. Peep this When you pick your defensive play the CPU already knows what play you have picked so the cpu picks the best play to combat the D you are playing. Just say that you pick fireman out of 4-3 formation, thats the play when the 2 outside linebackers blitz. So you have 6 players rushing the QB, the cpu combats this by leaving in extra blockers because the cpu already knows what play you picked.

What I do to combat this is say I want to blitz I call 4-3 man under safety help over the top. Then I hot route my outside LBs to blitz and my safety to man up on the rb if I deemed that necessary. Then voila the cpu thinks im in str8 man so they dont leave in any extra blockers so my LBs can put pressure on the QB.

SO I have no problems getting pressure when I blitz. As for the front four getting pressure Im STILL working on that.
Great stuff right there.

They need to patch the sliders asap though, because the lack of pass rush is crippling me on defense right now. It's almost like I have to learn how to trick the game instead of playing good D. I seriously would be happy with the sliders patched just to get some realistic pressure consistantly with good teams on craptastic teams qb's.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »