Home

XBOX LIVE problem - can't connect with one particular friend

This is a discussion on XBOX LIVE problem - can't connect with one particular friend within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation XBOX LIVE problem - can't connect with one particular friend

OK this is seriously frustrating. I can play online games with no problems, and so can my buddy that I'm trying to play online with. We have both tested with other friends and everything works fine, but we can not play each other.

No matter who starts the party, when the other of us joins the game session is ended and the original party starter just shows waiting for opponent. Just this one particular friend, it really makes NO freakin sense. We also can not voice chat with each other via live, it just says joining chat....and disappears. BUT we can both chat with all of our other friends no problem. PLEASE HELP! This sucks we are trying to get an online dynasty ball rolling and this is a roadblock. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: XBOX LIVE problem - can't connect with one particular friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu98ss
OK this is seriously frustrating. I can play online games with no problems, and so can my buddy that I'm trying to play online with. We have both tested with other friends and everything works fine, but we can not play each other.

No matter who starts the party, when the other of us joins the game session is ended and the original party starter just shows waiting for opponent. Just this one particular friend, it really makes NO freakin sense. We also can not voice chat with each other via live, it just says joining chat....and disappears. BUT we can both chat with all of our other friends no problem. PLEASE HELP! This sucks we are trying to get an online dynasty ball rolling and this is a roadblock. Thanks in advance.
:Picard:
Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasleyislame
:Picard:

i cant believe u registered to post that. douche
Old 07-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

i cant believe u registered to post that. douche

Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

I've actually run into this same exact problem with my brother. I have no clue how to fix it though. Never had the problem prior to NCAA so I'm going to just go ahead and blame this on EA too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Simple solution: it's his router settings or yours. Google this problem, like I did ( I had the EXACT same problem with a certain friend), and you'll find what you need to do to your router. It's all within the router settings. Promise. It took us about 2 hours to do it because my buddy is a bonehead who has never configured a Linksys in his life, but it should only take you half an hour tops from the time you google and find what to do until you are on the field with the bonehead.

Hope this helps. By the way, I'm sure your friend is not as ******** as mine, so it should be pretty easy. Good luck bro!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Team UGA's Arena

OVR: 6

Like I told someone else before this is your NAT, either you or your friend (maybe both) have a NAT that is "moderate" or "strict"...Do a xbox live connection setup and see what your NAT says if it says "open" then its your friend's connection. Just look up how to open your NAT in google or something and you should be good.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team UGA
Like I told someone else before this is your NAT, either you or your friend (maybe both) have a NAT that is "moderate" or "strict"...Do a xbox live connection setup and see what your NAT says if it says "open" then its your friend's connection. Just look up how to open your NAT in google or something and you should be good.
Thank you ugga fan. The NAT is exactly the problem within the router. I couldn't think of what it was exactly I just remembering googling the problem and finding the solution, but you sir are correct, the NAT was the problem. After you adjust that from 'strict' you should be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »