Home

I don't know what I should do with this game

This is a discussion on I don't know what I should do with this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #9
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I don't know what I should do with this game

ab2c4,
The reason the roster patch was a priority was because it was the first major bug found.
A few days later and after the patch was done it was discovered the sliders for cpu don't work at all, so now they have to be patched as well as a major issue for online dynasties...lol
But hey, for a beta this game isn't that bad.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I swear to God, I am really tempted to go out and buy either the xbox or ps2 06 version. I still have my ps2, and the xbox version fortunately is backwards compatible!
'06 on the xbox 360 has a major slowdown- It's pretty much unplayable. Fortunately, I still have my old gen xbox for it.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #11
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
'06 on the xbox 360 has a major slowdown- It's pretty much unplayable. Fortunately, I still have my old gen xbox for it.
Thanks for letting me know. If I do buy 06 then I will get if for the ps2. Like I said, I am giving EA about 3 more weeks to fix the sliders. At that point if the sliders are not working, meaning the game has been out for one month but hasn't really been playable either, I am selling it.

As a video gamer the only option I have left is to buy used copies of EA's football games in the future. This way I still get to play video football games (they are my favorite type of video game) but at least I know EA isn't getting any of my money any more. I think why I am so frustrated and mad is because this is the second time in three releases that EA has put out a completely broken game (as I mentioned, 07 on the PSP had the yardage glitch which rendered the game completely unplayable from a realism stand point).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

Maybe it's just me, but I never understood the slider issue. Year after year people spend a lot of time releasing slider sets and not to take away from them, but everyone plays the game different. My sliders don't work well for my friends because they may have a different skill or experience level or they may play the game completely different than I do.

Basically what I'm getting at is, if there's a problem with sliders this year (which I don't honestly see as much as people are claiming), then work it out. I spend the first year (and sometimes 2) in dynasty mode every year looking at the sliders at halftime and the end of every game. I look at where my sliders are and what stats I'm getting and what stats the CPU is getting and adjust accordingly. It takes some time, but by somewhere between game 10-15, I'm usually pretty good on slider settings with only minimal tweaks in the future. I know some people don't want to do it this way...and that's fine...but these games really are more than playable if you give them some time.

I too have owned (and still own) every version of NCAA football all the way back to that first Bill Walsh game. Some of them are better than others obviously, but I honestly don't think any of them are unplayable by any means. Maybe I just have a different evaluation than most people, but I'm having fun with 2009 because I'm taking the time to get the game to work for me...and the key with that is patience and the sliders.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
Maybe it's just me, but I never understood the slider issue. Year after year people spend a lot of time releasing slider sets and not to take away from them, but everyone plays the game different. My sliders don't work well for my friends because they may have a different skill or experience level or they may play the game completely different than I do.

That is the point of having sliders. Everybody's skill level is different and in order to get realistic results and stats, each person has to adjust the sliders according to their own skill level.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #14
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
Basically what I'm getting at is, if there's a problem with sliders this year (which I don't honestly see as much as people are claiming), then work it out. I spend the first year (and sometimes 2) in dynasty mode every year looking at the sliders at halftime and the end of every game. I look at where my sliders are and what stats I'm getting and what stats the CPU is getting and adjust accordingly. It takes some time, but by somewhere between game 10-15, I'm usually pretty good on slider settings with only minimal tweaks in the future. I know some people don't want to do it this way...and that's fine...but these games really are more than playable if you give them some time.

The problem is, the sliders are broke and therefore you can't adjust them. Well, you can adjust them all you want but they don't actually work like they are supposed to (some sliders don't work at all, other work in reverse). In previous years it always took me less than one season (12 games) to come up with a set of sliders that work for me. With this year's sliders not working there is no sense in even playing it anymore.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

As I said...it must just be me then...because I continue to adjust them and my numbers are getting very close to realistic. I get a decent pass rush, the CPU QB doesn't complete 75-80% of his passes against me, and the final team stats in my games are good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
The problem is, the sliders are broke and therefore you can't adjust them. Well, you can adjust them all you want but they don't actually work like they are supposed to (some sliders don't work at all, other work in reverse). In previous years it always took me less than one season (12 games) to come up with a set of sliders that work for me. With this year's sliders not working there is no sense in even playing it anymore.

I completely agree. Unfortunately EA thinks we are just having "knee jerk" reactions to the issues, and besides a few ungrateful peasants, we are "unanimously" happy with the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »