Home

Game Mechanic Problems

This is a discussion on Game Mechanic Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Game Mechanic Problems

A quick list of things that combine to make this years NCAA game less enjoyable and realistic. I have been taking notes while watching plays unfold and here are my initial observations compared to my experience with previous years.

:Offense:

- Oline players seem to take up more space than previous years. The majority of top online gamers are now spreading or shifting the D-line every play to try to make enough space for even a remote chance at getting a LB into the backfield.

- Oline "locks" into blocks too long and easily, everyone seems to play like they have 99 strength. When I was running my tests I noticed no difference between top Olines around the nation and the worst olines the game has to offer.

- QB's seem to all have 99 awareness in-game (possibly just a CPU AI issue)

- QB's are not affected by any hurried or off-balance states

- QB's Throw Accuracy seems to be completely un affective this year... I used Chase Daniels and Tebow to test the high end and some running QB freshmen with 70's for THA on the low end... All QBs threw the exact same passes. All QB's were able to throw against good defences for over 75% regardless of THA or Awareness

- QB's, and HB's are ridiculosly fast compared to similar rated defensive players, especially speed LB's who seem to be 10-15 speed lower than their rating when in game

- WR will often have no idea the ball was thrown and have perfect passes bounce off of them.

- WR speed is handeled strangely, They are slower on offense than on special teams.

- The option switch now trys to protect you from "bad" or "impossible" pitches... was it really nesc. to make the easiest way to gain yards (option) easier?

- WR rarely if ever go for a ball, They will most often fade behind the CB and let them make a play with no attempt by them to make a play.

- Pump fakes while dropping back can often fool every player in the secondary.

- WR when controlled by Human players can make impossible, completely unstoppable catches on floated deep balls.

: Defense:

- Dline is so slow as to be nearly useless on the field

- Dline gets locked into blocks and wont turn to make a stop on the HB

- Dline "mario runs" (runs in circles instead of straight lines) when told to do stunts or end arounds.

- LB's are so slow that they can beat around the end by any speed HB or QB in the game, even the best run stopping OLB's look like broken robots as they get smoked by 80 something speed QB's on the option that dont even have to pitch (dont get me started on WVU and how I scored 131 points against Oklahoma by running nothing but the option and long passes)

- CB's get smoked almost everytime on man coverage. Slants and IN/Out's are devastating in this game and I pass for nearly 100% completion in this years game. This isnt TOO broken, it seems there is a speed rating issue at the core of this, 90 speed WR's are faster than 90 speed CB's in game.

- Zone defense is a joke in this years game, the guys stand around like idiots in the dead center of their zone until the ball is passed, then they all bolt towards it. Then is probably my biggest problem with this game as far as gameplay issues go.

- QB choice, option, and sneaks all act as runs immediatly from snap, the secondary all breaks off at snap.

- LB and Safety blitz's are a joke, if you spread or shift your line you may be lucky enough to get a LB or S through 5% of the time. Then when they are through the QB will roll away and make a perfect dump 90% of the time.

There will be more, these are just my first impressions, in a couple of days when my test are done Ill post the much more scientific results that back up most if not all of these "observances." Please dont flame this, dont hate the player hate the..... nevermind, just understand I love this series and this years game cant happen again, this is a bad joke they played on a extremly loyal fan base now full of ex-fanbois like myself... win us back tiburon.

Last edited by mad_bags; 07-23-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Game Mechanic Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_bags
A quick list of things that combine to make this years NCAA game less enjoyable and realistic. I have been taking notes while watching plays unfold and here are my initial observations compared to my experience with previous years.

:Offense:

- Oline players seem to take up more space than previous years. The majority of top online gamers are now spreading or shifting the D-line every play to try to make enough space for even a remote chance at getting a LB into the backfield.

- Oline "locks" into blocks too long and easily, everyone seems to play like they have 99 strength. When I was running my tests I noticed no difference between top Olines around the nation and the worst olines the game has to offer.

- QB's seem to all have 99 awareness in-game (possibly just a CPU AI issue)

- QB's are not affected by any hurried or off-balance states

- QB's Throw Accuracy seems to be completely un affective this year... I used Chase Daniels and Tebow to test the high end and some running QB freshmen with 70's for THA on the low end... All QBs threw the exact same passes. All QB's were able to throw against good defences for over 75% regardless of THA or Awareness

- QB's, and HB's are ridiculosly fast compared to similar rated defensive players, especially speed LB's who seem to be 10-15 speed lower than their rating when in game

- WR will often have no idea the ball was thrown and have perfect passes bounce off of them.

- WR speed is handeled strangely, They are slower on offense than on special teams.

- The option switch now trys to protect you from "bad" or "impossible" pitches... was it really nesc. to make the easiest way to gain yards (option) easier?

- WR rarely if ever go for a ball, They will most often fade behind the CB and let them make a play with no attempt by them to make a play.

- Pump fakes while dropping back can often fool every player in the secondary.

- WR when controlled by Human players can make impossible, completely unstoppable catches on floated deep balls.

: Defense:

- Dline is so slow as to be nearly useless on the field

- Dline gets locked into blocks and wont turn to make a stop on the HB

- Dline "mario runs" (runs in circles instead of straight lines) when told to do stunts or end arounds.

- LB's are so slow that they can beat around the end by any speed HB or QB in the game, even the best run stopping OLB's look like broken robots as they get smoked by 80 something speed QB's on the option that dont even have to pitch (dont get me started on WVU and how I scored 131 points against Oklahoma by running nothing but the option and long passes)

- CB's get smoked almost everytime on man coverage. Slants and IN/Out's are devastating in this game and I pass for nearly 100% completion in this years game. This isnt TOO broken, it seems there is a speed rating issue at the core of this, 90 speed WR's are faster than 90 speed CB's in game.

- Zone defense is a joke in this years game, the guys stand around like idiots in the dead center of their zone until the ball is passed, then they all bolt towards it. Then is probably my biggest problem with this game as far as gameplay issues go.

- QB choice, option, and sneaks all act as runs immediatly from snap, the secondary all breaks off at snap.

- LB and Safety blitz's are a joke, if you spread or shift your line you may be lucky enough to get a LB or S through 5% of the time. Then when they are through the QB will roll away and make a perfect dump 90% of the time.

There will be more, these are just my first impressions, in a couple of days when my test are done Ill post the much more scientific results that back up most if not all of these "observances." Please dont flame this, dont hate the player hate the..... nevermind, just understand I love this series and this years game cant happen again, this is a bad joke they played on a extremly loyal fan base now full of ex-fanbois like myself... win us back tiburon.

yup you just about summed it up...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

True. This will be locked or moved though like all the rest.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

/sigh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »