Home

Are speed ratings a problem in NCAA 09?

This is a discussion on Are speed ratings a problem in NCAA 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Are speed ratings a problem in NCAA 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Looks like someone needs to take the AA "Ratings mean jack so I'll take a Scrub team and beat your Powerhouse" Challenge.
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I disagree that the defense is broken. Maybe I'm simply a defensive genius and don't realize it but I only give up 17 points per game online. Most of the time my opponent scores in the teens or less including 2 shutouts. I think most people here don't really know how to play defense. They are used to calling cover 2 man press every play and expecting every receiver to be blanketed.

There are ways to stop or significantly hinder any offensive strategy, including crossing routes and short passes. The key is to understand your opponent's mindset and figure out what he likes to do and make him do the opposite. Most people are one trick ponies, they know how to do something well and they are incapable of doing anything else. Take that trick away and they are inept.

My online stats (select NCAA from the drop down menu): http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/stats/index/id/7060
WOW FINALLY SOMEONE THAT GETS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say
Old 07-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #35
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
WOW FINALLY SOMEONE THAT GETS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say
AA, you are need here now

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I disagree that the defense is broken. Maybe I'm simply a defensive genius and don't realize it but I only give up 17 points per game online. Most of the time my opponent scores in the teens or less including 2 shutouts. I think most people here don't really know how to play defense. They are used to calling cover 2 man press every play and expecting every receiver to be blanketed.

There are ways to stop or significantly hinder any offensive strategy, including crossing routes and short passes. The key is to understand your opponent's mindset and figure out what he likes to do and make him do the opposite. Most people are one trick ponies, they know how to do something well and they are incapable of doing anything else. Take that trick away and they are inept.

My online stats (select NCAA from the drop down menu): http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/stats/index/id/7060
I dont play online personal preference so i cant speak to that. However in play against the ai on heisman i have been giving up 10 pts a game or so. It's not an issue of total points, the issue is the quality of the gameplay leading up to and resulting in said points. Realistic points per game dont matter if acheived in an unrealistic fashion.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #37
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
I dont play online personal preference so i cant speak to that. However in play against the ai on heisman i have been giving up 10 pts a game or so. It's not an issue of total points, the issue is the quality of the gameplay leading up to and resulting in said points. Realistic points per game dont matter if acheived in an unrealistic fashion.
Exactly, online aside the gameplay against the AI itself may yield results that seem like everything is fine but the quality of gameplay is not there. Both defensively and offensively there is a severe lack of competent AI and gameplay balance. It almost feels like NCAA 2005 how the gameplay dynamics received so much tweaking to create a distinctive effect that it resulted in gameplay that was unbalanced and didn't work well.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #38
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

I love how someone posts objective facts showing a huge, unrealistic disparity in speed, and there are still a few people who pop in with the same old song, that you just need to figure out how to play defense. It's amazing the customer loyalty that some people show these games.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
I love how someone posts objective facts showing a huge, unrealistic disparity in speed, and there are still a few people who pop in with the same old song, that you just need to figure out how to play defense. It's amazing the customer loyalty that some people show these games.
Haven't you heard, we're all "Unanimously" Happy with the game and these findings are "knee jerk" reactions. Now give EA your $60 and be quiet.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #40
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

I play with USF a lot because I go to college there and I dont think I have ever seen George Selvie get a single sack since I started playing. I agree that the speed is a joke in this game. A team like USF lives on their speed especially on defense. They arent five star "studs" like USC or Florida.

If the people that think low end programs dont have speed, then watch the USF vs WVU game from last year. We beat Pat White, Noel Divine, and Slaton because of our speed. If speed is negated in this game and height is the most important thing than teams like South Florida become obsolete. Although this year our offense is freaky

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »