Home

D LINE PRESSURE THREAD

This is a discussion on D LINE PRESSURE THREAD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
D LINE PRESSURE THREAD

All-

I know most of us are having a hard time consistantly pressuring the opposing team using a d-lineman, and even small schools are dominating powerhouses in the trenches. I thought it would be a good idea to post your strategy on pressuring the qb, since the sliders aren't working until the patch (hopefully), and this has been very frustrating for many of us in the forums.

Please only post strategy, blitz packages, audibles, etc, and DO NOT use this thread to complain. The point is to help people get some pressure, and not to rip EA. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: D LINE PRESSURE THREAD

I'll give one hint that should lead people. I don't have much with this game. But I sat and studied the Oline in practice mode and in game. The one thing I know for sure is they programmed the Oline to first take away any inside nano heat. If you notice as soon as the ball is snapped all the Olinemen step down and jumble inside. But, in doing so, the outside heat is there, the only problem is, linebackers are too slow to bring it. So if you have Safeties, Nickel and Dime Backs, bring heat with them. Otherwise you are wasting time IMO. DE's are also too slow.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'll give one hint that should lead people. I don't have much with this game. But I sat and studied the Oline in practice mode and in game. The one thing I know for sure is they programmed the Oline to first take away any inside nano heat. If you notice as soon as the ball is snapped all the Olinemen step down and jumble inside. But, in doing so, the outside heat is there, the only problem is, linebackers are too slow to bring it. So if you have Safeties, Nickel and Dime Backs, bring heat with them. Otherwise you are wasting time IMO. DE's are also too slow.

any sim pleyer knew ea would just jumble up the oline in an effort to stop the nano

i hope madden isnt this bad too or else people will have to sit in ACE formation all day to stop the outside pressure

anyway, just mix up the front 4 stunts and bring occasional blitzes

and playing a zone works best when bringing heat
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I use both the jump the snap feature and the run/pass commit feature and do just fine in pursing the QB and bringing heat.

I also blitz from various packages, from various positions.

Hope this helps.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

One of the things that has been working for me is spreading the line in the 5-2, and then crashing them. They come right off the outside edge of the defense with reckless abandon. I sacked Tebow 4 times with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Manually I've been able to speed rush with exceptionally fast DE's. Brandon Graham (Michigan) and Dunlap (Florida) come to mind. Normally can get at least one manual sack a game and several hurries by doing this. Not perfect, but in 3rd and long it can help.

The Spread and Crash can work. Out of 4-2-5 the pinch and crash can occasionally get your DE inside the tackles shoulder for some heat. Again, you have to have a very quick DE for it too work.

The real key is DE acceleration. Thats the only way to actually A) Get around a block and B) Get to the QB if you actually break the block. Slow ends can break a block and then get re-suctioned into it. You need the speed to break out of the vortex.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I use both the jump the snap feature and the run/pass commit feature and do just fine in pursing the QB and bringing heat.

I also blitz from various packages, from various positions.

Hope this helps.
CB, what's the run/pass commit feature you speak of? I'm having a little trouble getting a pass rush myself.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
CB, what's the run/pass commit feature you speak of? I'm having a little trouble getting a pass rush myself.
on PS3, you press up on the right analog stick right as the ball is snapped to commit to the pass or press down to commit to the run.

It also helps your secondary cover better. At least it seems to.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »