Home

Pass Defense... Impossible?

This is a discussion on Pass Defense... Impossible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #25
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pass Defense... Impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
The defense is just awful. I like playing against people who run backward twenty yards and throw it up since it's easy to stop that but if you play someone who actually runs plays you might as well put the controller down and make a sandwich or something until it's your ball.
haha.....yeah I played a guy online and he basically on his first drive ran out the entire 1st quarter. Everytime I got him down to 3rd down and hoped for a stop, he'd convert.

It's a shame that you have to consider 'letting' the opponent score. Because ultimately they will anyway, it's just a matter of when. Why waste more time off the clock than necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Seems everyone is saying the same thing.

Well, guess I will have to deal with it.
Im gonna run more blitzes and how I can sack the QB before he picks me apart.
Either way its a completion if I dont get to him, so I have nothing to lose.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
haha.....yeah I played a guy online and he basically on his first drive ran out the entire 1st quarter. Everytime I got him down to 3rd down and hoped for a stop, he'd convert.

It's a shame that you have to consider 'letting' the opponent score. Because ultimately they will anyway, it's just a matter of when. Why waste more time off the clock than necessary.
You pretty much have to hope that you get a turnover and then keep scoring.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

I think its just the play calling and who you are controling. I am playing on Heisman with NJPAPI 4.5 sliders and I cannot seem to get a qb to tear my OLE MISS D apart.(which is a good thing!) I made Tebow go 12-21 167 yds 1 td 2 int, 10- 33 rush yds. (@ FLORIDA)

My defensive ends cause havoc though. I play SS and shut down the short stuff on the right side. So its is possible to play great Defense in this game cause Im doing so with OLE MISS.

I just played S Carolina and although there qb had a decent game 22-38 256 2td's 4ints. He caved in at the end and threw 3 4th qrt pics. Which let me come back and win.

I am currently 6-0 with Ole Miss (@Illinois,Vanderbilt,@North Carolina,@ Florida, South Carolina, Oregon) Still got LSU,Alabama,Auburn to deal with but the tough games have been down to the wire, close games (24-20) 31-24 (17-14) few of my game scores.

Last edited by kmart2180; 07-24-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #29
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

The AI being stupid enough to have players stand by while receivers run past them has nothing to do with playcalling.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #30
Rookie

displaced's Arena

OVR: 1

sometimes you can totally baffle a QB with a manual blitz from safety in Nickel cover 2 he freaks out thinking their is pressure and just floats up random passes. You can get 2-3 of those a game. Also as said above Play safety and just decide which zone to cover. How many times has the CPU gone deep on you? almost never so you can pick the outroute crossing stuff to take away manually. Also I found taking control of the CB's quickly you can get quite a few user intercepts. This year is 10000x better at intercepts than last year.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #31
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

not sure why u guys are having so much problems on D. im playing on heisman and i still get about 3 ints per game on D and about 3 sacks. try not blitzing so much..everytime u blitz the cpu hits the spots left by ur defenders blitzing. play man to man d and u can get sacks with ur D-line..trust me i avg 3 per game using my dlineman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #32
stewaat

OVR:

Alright here is my strategy which yields good results:

Offense comes out in...

1 WR - I go 4-4 and blitz two guys. I have man coverage and press the one guy. I'll control a LB who is blitzing and pinch the line in.

2 WR - I'll usually play cover 1 or cover 2. I'll press them at the line and take the safety (cover 2) or LB (cover 1) in zone and patrol the middle of the field. Sometimes I'll hot route my guy to a blitz and go after the QB.

3 WR - Some form of nickel. I don't blitz when they have 3 wide because you leave yourself very vulnerable.

4 WR - I go nickel 3-2-6 I believe. I make it the "quarter" formation sub package so I only have one LB out there. I'll run the standard cover two play in which the one LB blitzes. That leaves 5 DBs on all their possible routes and two guys deep. I'll control the blitzing LB.

This has worked well. In my last half using Arizona against Toledo their QB was 7-21 with 3 picks...all by the same corner.

Now the picks were crazy but this strategy is working the best by far for me. I'll use zone once in a while to mix it up but I use the above strategy 80% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »