Home

Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

This is a discussion on Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #17
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I love college hoops, but how do you complain about NCAA 09, when CH has just as many ai issues (does 80% 1st half cpu field goal % ring a bell?), how about the fact that certain traps and presses cause the cpu ai to automatically throw the ball away.
Those were all easily correctable via working sliders.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Not all of these things you guys are mentioning are in fact bugs, only bugs are patchable. Not things that you think are messed up.

And those who think EA doesnt pay attention, just shut up.
NCAAF: Penn State fan since 2000
Old 07-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #19
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Maybe there's a learning curve you guys aren't willing to go through. Or maybe you're just not very good. How come I see so many complaints about dump-off passes when college football is full of little inside dump off passes? How come I hear of people not being able to stop the CPU? I've yet to lose to the CPU in AA (only played 5 games though). Online I'm something like 4-11 but that's been against mostly top 25 teams using only Rice. The int's are plenty, but they are going down - to me it feels more realistic. The only areas where I seee the need for improvement right away are on returns - too much running room for returners, especially on punts. I just hope they release a patch asap to fix any identified issues, bugs, or freezes, online dynasty problems, and the roster bug. Fine tuning gameplay would be a bonus.
Alright buddy so which is it? You're basically saying all of us long time gamers suck and don't really know football, but then you say fine tuning gameplay would be a bonus. Why fine tune the gameplay when the problem is that we just all suck?

I'll never understand people who refuse to acknowledge the obvious. The defensive players are too slow on this game: FACT The difference between your defensive players, and the CPU defensive players is night & day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
As far as I'm concerned they have 18 days to make announcements on the patch and that Online Dynasty are fixed. Otherwise that $40 trade in for Madden is too good to pass up. Especially since early reports on the demo are good.

However I highly doubt they will announce before then for a number of reasons.
The problem is this, although you come out in the end(assuming Madden is playable) you have given EA $120 altogether and only have 1 game to show for it.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk1078
Not all of these things you guys are mentioning are in fact bugs, only bugs are patchable. Not things that you think are messed up.
That's not true at all, the CH2K8 patch fixed many annoying gameplay quirks that were not bugs such as the awful "CPU defender bumps into you and your guy goes flying and the ball goes straight up in the air" animation that you saw almost every time you tried to drive to the hoop pre-patch.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Maybe there's a learning curve you guys aren't willing to go through. Or maybe you're just not very good. How come I see so many complaints about dump-off passes when college football is full of little inside dump off passes? How come I hear of people not being able to stop the CPU? I've yet to lose to the CPU in AA (only played 5 games though). Online I'm something like 4-11 but that's been against mostly top 25 teams using only Rice. The int's are plenty, but they are going down - to me it feels more realistic. The only areas where I seee the need for improvement right away are on returns - too much running room for returners, especially on punts. I just hope they release a patch asap to fix any identified issues, bugs, or freezes, online dynasty problems, and the roster bug. Fine tuning gameplay would be a bonus.
Thats not the case at all. I'm 40-3 online with 3 disconnect losses and I agree with these complaints. Its not about not being very good. These "complaints" are real issues. For some people its not all about winning. Win or lose I want realistic gameplay which yields realistic results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
Thats not the case at all. I'm 40-3 online with 3 disconnect losses and I agree with these complaints. Its not about not being very good. These "complaints" are real issues. For some people its not all about winning. Win or lose I want realistic gameplay which yields realistic results.
Agreed.

Being forced to run Nickle or dime all game to match up speed wise with the HB's out the backfield is sad. Even then they still get tons of space and make catchs for 6+ yards. ALL GAME LONG. The TE's in the flats are even worse. The backers just let them run and get open no matter if man or zone. They ALLOW the catch.

Combine that with the fact that the QB could setup a camp fire and stay in the backfield all day long really makes it that much worse.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #23
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
If you are really 40-3 online you should not be having a problem stopping the cpu.
I am currently playing a season with lousy Indiana and after 4 games I am only allowing 12 ppg.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #24
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Alright buddy so which is it? You're basically saying all of us long time gamers suck and don't really know football, but then you say fine tuning gameplay would be a bonus. Why fine tune the gameplay when the problem is that we just all suck?

I'll never understand people who refuse to acknowledge the obvious. The defensive players are too slow on this game: FACT The difference between your defensive players, and the CPU defensive players is night & day.

The problem is this, although you come out in the end(assuming Madden is playable) you have given EA $120 altogether and only have 1 game to show for it.
Actually you would have 2 games to show for it, Madden and Head Coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »