Home

Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09?

This is a discussion on Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

SaviourSix's Arena

OVR: 2
Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09?

I'm pretty new here, but I've been playing NCAA and Madden since their respective inceptions. I still remember the day when a buddy of mine brought over his Sega Genesis and his copy of Madden. Ahhh, the joy. Over the years, I eventually became a bigger fan of the NCAA series over Madden for a bunch of reasons that I won't go into right now, but I've felt for awhile now that NCAA is the better game.

However, like many here, I'm incredibly frustrated with the series' shortcomings year in and year out these days. And this iterations' bugs and glitches are truly some of the worst. Which really got me down. The week before the game's release, I burned 5 cd's full of custom sounds and music (marching band version of Imperial March=booyah!), bought an NCAA Football magazine to catch up on teams and players, and downloaded all the playbooks that were made available by EA (high five to whoever thought that up).

So I was sitting here feeling all sorry for myself and cursing EA again, thinking of all the prep I did and how the game feels kind of "broken" this year, and that got me thinking, there are some big problems, but some of it is still pretty amazing, and that maybe I've forgotten a little of that.

Which (whew) brings me to my point. While we wait for patches, how about, just for s***s and giggles, we throw in our 2 cents about some of the little things in NCAA 09 that WORK. Anything from how many facemasks you can pick to some of the new features this year, or anything that's become a given at this point but maybe deserves mentioning. The point is to generate a little positivity for a community that's perhaps more than a little frustrated right now. We can think of it a "positive impressions" thread... Some of the obvious ones:

1) Slide Protection

Totally digging it, particularly fun on bootlegs, sweeps and off-tackles.

2) Oakley, Nike and Underarmour Visors

'Nuff said. Really happy to have more choices than just light and dark.

3) Custom Stadium Sounds

This one was on my wishlist a long time, and it really adds to the atmosphere this year. I found a great version of the Tomahawk chop and visiting FSU this year is just plain nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviourSix

2) Oakley, Nike and Underarmour Visors

'Nuff said. Really happy to have more choices than just dark and dark.
[b]
Fixed it for ya.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Rookie

SaviourSix's Arena

Icon14 Re: Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09?

True 'dat. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I like the pace. The slower pace makes it feel like I have more control of the players, and the outcome of the game. There seems to be a lot more animations which helps bring the players more to life.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Despite this games startlingly bad issues, it's still fun to play. Isn't that what matters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Rookie

SaviourSix's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_knights
Despite this games startlingly bad issues, it's still fun to play. Isn't that what matters?
Agreed. It makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes, but I guess I feel like that when I watch football on TV.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

I actually am 1 of the few that love this game. I play on hiesman so i dont care that the computers comp % is high it just makes it harder to win and im all for that. 2 me theres way to many neg post on this game and ne post that wants to look at what they got right gets pushed to the third or so page with all the neg comments flooding the forum doing no good cuz there all about the same thing.

So just a brief list on what i feel they got right!

1) The recruiting system with the ability to quick recruit if ur not into it but still want your guy! Its gotten better every year, id say this is def the best yet

2) The computer reading the blitz and going over the middle on the MLB blitz. Some people say omg they are cheating... i love it last year it was impossible to go over the middle cuz that LB woulda jumped up every time.

3) Goes with number 2... LBs not being super human in pass D

4) D-Line sacks being toned down. Every1 is like omg there is no line rush!! I laugh cuz last year i had 20 sacks every lineman every yr didnt matter ratings. Ill take 5 sacks a season by the very best over 20-30 easy.

5) Option no longer being unstoppable. I just feel that not every QB can run a option this yr like last yr..ofcourse you can run it with every1 its just not as effective now.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

*User control when running the ball

*Player Models/Alt Uniforms

Everything else=a major MEH

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »