Home

I'm thinking of working up an online stat tracking system...

This is a discussion on I'm thinking of working up an online stat tracking system... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm thinking of working up an online stat tracking system...

I was thinking about working up a little web app so users of my dynasty can enter their stats and everything will be kept track of. Shouldn't be too difficult to write up, but it will take me a few hours of work to get it the way I'd like.

I was wondering if anything existed already for something like this? I thought that if not, then I would write something, and could possibly even open it up for others to use if you guys were interested in it. However, if someone has already done this, then I probably won't waste my time and just use what's already out there.

I obviously won't put much time into this, since EA most likely will add online stat tracking in next year's version. If they don't, then they are really missing the boat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I'm thinking of working up an online stat tracking system...

Anyone?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

i wrote one in php and put it up

looks something like this
http://richplebweb.com/ncaa_dynasty/...Stat%20Leaders.

Check it out. No stats are in because we are waiting on the dynasty and i think people are changing teams. I enter the stats myself, but it could be made so the user can input their stats for their name only with a login and what not. I was just going to do it for the twelve teams.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Hey, not bad, not bad at all. If I was to write something, I was going to interface the login aspect with the forums I already have set up. I like what you've done, though, nice job.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

thanks, the biggest problem i ran into was that i kept wanting to add more haha. I am a stat junky so i wanted to see stats from everygame played in the dynasty. Then i wanted to see overall records, year records, records vs other users, records vs computer, ledears for a year or overall, etc. It should be pretty good. Since i am the only one inserting data i wasnt to worried about login.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Rookie

oh by the way are you going to dynamic or static stats.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Well, if I do it, players would enter only the stats that they generate in-game, like the score, first downs, rushing yards/attempts/tds, etc. Then, I'd calculate everything else across the site, like percentages, win-loss records, etc.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Here's what I've come up with so far, if anybody cares:

http://dynastystats.joshpuckett.com/

I've opted to just use a singular password system instead of implementing a login/logout system. There will be an admin password and a dynasty password, and those will be used across the system.

I don't have everything up yet, but am diligently working to get all the forms and stuff up so data can be uploaded, then I'll tweak everything from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »