Home

There is no "catch up" ability this year.

This is a discussion on There is no "catch up" ability this year. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: There is no "catch up" ability this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Me too. My "stat log" I keep in on notepad (I'm such a loser) has me flip-flopping more than a politician. I laugh at myself some nights. I honestly don't know which level I will play on tonight. After Threet of Michigan threw for 400+ and 8 TDs while completing 25-29 passes on Heisman (I was Michigan State), I may have to get "demoted" to All-American.
I think our best best is All American with crappy teams. Basically AA's Idaho/Troy challenge.

I used practice mode on Heisman a few minutes ago, and Ball St went 10/10 passing on Auburn. I don't think I'll be able to put up with that.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #18
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I think our best best is All American with crappy teams. Basically AA's Idaho/Troy challenge.
I'm 2-5 with UAB in Season 1. 5 of those 7 on Heisman, 2 on AA (both losses).

UAB is soooooooo slow all over the field.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Everyone knows the major complaint last year was too many "pick sixes" and too many "Fumbles for TDs" that basically ruined many games due to a quick 14-21 point explosion in games.

Well....it's worse this year.

There is zero ability to catch up with anyone even remotely close to you in speed.

I'm using UAB in my dynasty, who isn't loaded with speed, but you'd think I had 65 speed Defensive backs the way the Offenses, even ones with no "90 speed" skill players, are running around on me.

It's so ridiculously juiced this year, that I just had a Defensive End go 65 yards on me on a fumble recovery....not a SOUL was even close to him to tackle him. My RB is a good 9 points higher in speed than he was and he was getting smoked by the DE.

Before that, I had Marshall's 89 speed tailback catch a little swing pass, blow by my 84 speed LB like he was a statue, and proceed to outrun a Safety with 89 speed who was 15 yards ahead of him and SHOULD have taken the angle to tackle him.

He doesnt....he just runs directly at the back instead of trying to cut him off, and proceeds to get directly behind him and try and catch him from behind . WTF?

For all the flack that NCAA 08 caught last year due to "too many INTs for TDs" it seems like anytime I fumble or throw a pick, it's an automatic touchdown, no matter what the speed of the defender, no matter where it is on the field.

So damn frustrating.
Try having the CPU fake a punt on 4th and 14 at midfield...up 14 points!!!!

Best part is their punter had the arm of Unitas and threw a bullet for ...you guessed it 15 yards.

As close as I have come to turning of a game in rage since college.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #20

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Honestly, I think I'm going back to All American. I switched it and noticed that the horrid speed differential wasn't nearly as bad when I went back to AA.

I'll probably keep flip flopping because I'm a moron.

Yep...i tried 15 Heisman slider sets and it feels all wrong. However, AA feels very good. I was getting housed n\in every game on Heisman. I just saw a ton of things that makes me cry BS.

When i went to AA, things were much better. I saw less BS and saw more organic play. Things like fumbles and just overall good play. I was even seeing some good pressure from the DL and the CPU running the ball hard on me. Heisman just seems too heavily angled toward the CPU.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

See I feel GREAT with Heisman for MY controls. The running game feels PERFECT, the passing game is great, and I feel like I get pressure on the other team.

My problem is more than likely the terrible CPU AI. They kill their own drives with QB runs with pocket passers. They throw the ball incredibly quick and often off their back foot. Can't they just take their drop, make some reads, and throw? They hike and when they're going back make a rushed throw.

Last game the QB was 7-21 in the first half against me...90% quick throws which were terrible.

I really want a realistic challenge...that is all.

The problem is making the CPU offense better. I held USC to 13 points with Notre Dame. They held me to 3 so I know good defenses can stop me. I just want to make a good offense...you know...good.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

The problem is making the CPU offense better. I held USC to 13 points with Notre Dame. They held me to 3 so I know good defenses can stop me. I just want to make a good offense...you know...good.
Once the CPU QB goes cold they can make some really bad throws. Don't be afraid to raise QBA though to around 65 or so, it helps the USER deep ball and you'll see less terrible INTs from the CPU (they don't get MORE robo than they already were, either). And what is your RBA on? I think RBA really high may lead to super quick throws from the CPU

For Heisman try these settings:
Offense

Defense

Also if you want the CPU to run the ball just edit their coaches to 90% run and they WILL run the ball on you. Also if you want to see less of the shotgun QB option from them, change their playbooks and offense type to something more conventional with less shotgun like West Coast and Balanced offense. The Colorado State playbook also has little or no shotgun in it. They still run the option, but less.

Lastly on those settings you just can't switch on defense or they won't be able to run well enough. On 7 minute quarters I've let up more than 50 points two or three times
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #23
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
See I feel GREAT with Heisman for MY controls. The running game feels PERFECT, the passing game is great, and I feel like I get pressure on the other team.

My problem is more than likely the terrible CPU AI. They kill their own drives with QB runs with pocket passers. They throw the ball incredibly quick and often off their back foot. Can't they just take their drop, make some reads, and throw? They hike and when they're going back make a rushed throw.

Last game the QB was 7-21 in the first half against me...90% quick throws which were terrible.

I really want a realistic challenge...that is all.

Jess,

I think I'm done with Heisman...again.

Just played Marshall on AA and the game flowed much better. I didnt feel "cheated" on as many plays as I did on Heisman.

Honestly, this is a yearly thing with me on NCAA. I always give Heisman a shot, then, after about 8-10 games, I go back to AA because I always start to run into a tad bit too much "Heisman Hijinks, Tomfoolery, and Shenanigans".

My vote goes to All American. I'd rather play a game that is closer to reality and "fairness", than play on a "harder" level with some outright "WTF?" moments.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #24
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Jess,

I think I'm done with Heisman...again.

Just played Marshall on AA and the game flowed much better. I didnt feel "cheated" on as many plays as I did on Heisman.

Honestly, this is a yearly thing with me on NCAA. I always give Heisman a shot, then, after about 8-10 games, I go back to AA because I always start to run into a tad bit too much "Heisman Hijinks, Tomfoolery, and Shenanigans".

My vote goes to All American. I'd rather play a game that is closer to reality and "fairness", than play on a "harder" level with some outright "WTF?" moments.
What sliders are you using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »