Home

There is no "catch up" ability this year.

This is a discussion on There is no "catch up" ability this year. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: There is no "catch up" ability this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Back with the old Illini again eh?

Oh..and go buy a friggin' headset cheapskate so we can talk football while we are taking our virtual players to glory!

Jess,

I'll play whatever you guys want to play slider wise. I'm "breezy". Just ready to START!
LOL, I have one somewhere, but that would entail me getting off the couch and looking for it. I can never hear your voice messages over my speakers either, I have no idea why.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 34

I just had a really, fun, back and forth game on AA with everything at default except for all penalites maxed out at 100, Fg power at 5, FG accuracy at 35, and kick off power at 65.

I played Arizona State (ME)-USC) and won in overtime 34-31.

I was down 17-0 initially, and probably would have lost if I didnt force a fumble in OT.

I just play realistic ball: I'll kick a FG or punt on 4th and short, and I'll use virtually every play in my defensive playbook.

anyway, I saw a little bit of everything in this game: CPU forced and recovered a fumble, picked me off, I had 2 user picks, and I actually managed 3 sacks.

I think this is the way I'm going to go now. gonna play a couple more play now game on this setting just to see if it was a fluke or not and finally start a offline dynasty.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #51
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
i LOVE hearing you guys sound so deflated about the game and just, as Sky said "bleh". What an absolutely fun game

/sarcasm
The game IS fun but for what it should/could be negates that at some levels. The bleh..from me was for using the game in a dynasty where at the current state it is crippled. For example, why spend ANY recruiting points on DL when right now it doesn't matter who you have? Legend mode is where I'll be playing the game until issues are fixed.

Burnout is great fun, but what if it didn't have more than 1 level/map or the damage was exactly the same for every wreck.
Fun-yes, reason to keep playing it-No.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #52
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The game IS fun but for what it should/could be negates that at some levels. The bleh..from me was for using the game in a dynasty where at the current state it is crippled. For example, why spend ANY recruiting points on DL when right now it doesn't matter who you have? Legend mode is where I'll be playing the game until issues are fixed.

Burnout is great fun, but what if it didn't have more than 1 level/map or the damage was exactly the same for every wreck.
Fun-yes, reason to keep playing it-No.
I know, im just giving you a hard time. Comments like that seems to be the majority of what we hear, but its hard to say at this point whether its having any affect. I enjoy some play now games, but why on Earth should i play as FSU and try to get into my dynasty? As you said, why spend anything on DL?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #53
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Bingo, I just did the same. Heisman is juiced, just not as bad as it used to be. I'm on AA again, and having much better games. Actually just got trounced by Ohio State in my Illini dynasty, was kinda shocked about that, but in a good way.
What sliders are you using?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 17

I play on Heisman with the run ability at 70. I see no speed advantage.

Now it could be I'm looking in the wrong place. Are we taking that 99 CBs can't catch 90 RBs or a 99 RB can't catch a 90 CB?

I have a slow dynasty team and on every breakaway my player was had a better speed rating or was equal too.

I concede the CPU takes some really stupid angles and this causes some of the issues.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Honestly, I think I'm going back to All American. I switched it and noticed that the horrid speed differential wasn't nearly as bad when I went back to AA.

I'll probably keep flip flopping because I'm a moron.
AA, are you sing firk's sliders on All American or a different set?

UPDATE: Just saw them posted elsewhere in the thread, hadn't caught up yet when I first posted. For any other latecomers:

Offense
QB Acc 45
RB Ability 40
Run Block 0
Pass Block 0
WR Catch 15

Defense
Awr 0
Knockdowns 0
INTs 0
Break Block 100
Tackle 10

Special Teams
FG Power 5
FG Accuracy 35
Punt Power 0
Punt Accuracy 65
Kickoff Power 65

Penalties Maxed.

Last edited by Jas8099; 07-25-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #56
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I play on Heisman with the run ability at 70. I see no speed advantage.

Now it could be I'm looking in the wrong place. Are we taking that 99 CBs can't catch 90 RBs or a 99 RB can't catch a 90 CB?

I have a slow dynasty team and on every breakaway my player was had a better speed rating or was equal too.

I concede the CPU takes some really stupid angles and this causes some of the issues.
There is a 100% clear speed altercation when playing on Heisman with RBA 50+.

Heisman boosts the ratings of players...from the mouth of EA reps on the board. Go into practice, put it on 0, then put it on 100. You should notice an extreme difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »