Home

Summer Storms: The NCAA Release Story

This is a discussion on Summer Storms: The NCAA Release Story within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Summer Storms: The NCAA Release Story

Auburn you nailed it man. There are so many damm things broken with the game in just the features dept.

And then you have the gameplay... And its become even harder to remedy it with confirmed broken sliders

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

"But as the week went on and as the dust started to settle, people spent a little more time playing the game. Now reports of people actually having fun with the game are starting to pop up, and threads of gamers posting their best experiences and great games are prevalent. Work is being done to help each other overcome the problems, and slider and music customization help is a hot topic. This game may just have hope yet. Still it has been an eventful week or two in the online community with forums everywhere taking some twists and turns to say the least.

So with the cleanup after the storm taking place now, does normalcy peek out from behind the storm clouds? Only time will tell. But with big brother Madden’s release just a few short weeks away, I know we'll have to gear up to go through it all again, because after all, it is release season!"

Is that the part that's bothering you guys? I'm just curious. I've been busy the last few weeks so haven't been following this whole release thing closely (not a huge football fan in the first place) but I did proof and edit the article and when I read through it, that's the only part I could see you guys possibly jumping on.

This is more about forum psychology than the issues that are or aren't there to me. At least when I read it that's the feeling I got.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
"But as the week went on and as the dust started to settle, people spent a little more time playing the game. Now reports of people actually having fun with the game are starting to pop up, and threads of gamers posting their best experiences and great games are prevalent. Work is being done to help each other overcome the problems, and slider and music customization help is a hot topic. This game may just have hope yet. Still it has been an eventful week or two in the online community with forums everywhere taking some twists and turns to say the least.

So with the cleanup after the storm taking place now, does normalcy peek out from behind the storm clouds? Only time will tell. But with big brother Madden’s release just a few short weeks away, I know we'll have to gear up to go through it all again, because after all, it is release season!"

Is that the part that's bothering you guys? I'm just curious. I've been busy the last few weeks so haven't been following this whole release thing closely (not a huge football fan in the first place) but I did proof and edit the article and when I read through it, that's the only part I could see you guys possibly jumping on.

This is more about forum psychology than the issues that are or aren't there to me. At least when I read it that's the feeling I got.

There's no balance. No explaining why people are upset at the game, just that there is something wrong with "us".
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im so sick of hearing "despite the problems NCAA 09 is still a lot of fun".

The game is still fun because the majority of us are huge CFB fans and its pretty hard not to have some fun with the game when you can play with your favorite team.

Is this game a total disaster? No, but stop shoving "this game is a lot of fun" down our throats when people that enjoy the defensive side of the game are pulling their hair out because of the unrealistic QB & OL play.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think it's mostly this:

Quote:
Perhaps just another college learned lesson was rearing its head: the fact that people who dislike something are more vocal than people who actually care about it. Because if you were on the boards during all the impressions, or should I say complaints, then it became a little trying. Several die hards proclaimed the game was busted and that they wouldn’t be purchasing this year -- mind you this was still before the game was even officially released. Glitch after glitch began to surface, and as more and more people received their games, the question was how could this be going bad again after things looked so bright and promising?
It's now been a week since the game was "officially released" and the rosters, sliders, and online dynasties still don't work. We've known for months that there was no defensive pressure, returns were broken, and that short passes were impossible to stop, but were assured by stooges and developers that those problems were minor and would be fixed by release.

As AA said, the new features range from poorly implemented to unusable, and the gameplay has serious problems. This isn't complaining just for complaining, this is the most buggy console game I've ever seen.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin

The game is still fun because the majority of us are huge CFB fans and its pretty hard not to have some fun with the game when you can play with your favorite team.

Is this game a total disaster? No, but stop shoving "this game is a lot of fun" down our throats when people that enjoy the defensive side of the game are pulling their hair out because of the unrealistic QB & OL play.
In all fairness, I could say the same to people who are shoving "this game is broken" down our throats.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #15
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin

Where's that this game is a lot of fun quote though? And where's the quote that says there's something wrong with you guys? I mean if I misinterpreted the tone I guess that's possible but I just didn't see it while editing it. Like I said before it's more about the forums in general to me, rather than the opinions. Maybe it's because I haven't been following this saga so closely or something, so I'm not reading between the lines or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I think it's mostly this:

It's now been a week since the game was "officially released" and the rosters, sliders, and online dynasties still don't work. We've known for months that there was no defensive pressure, returns were broken, and that short passes were impossible to stop, but were assured by stooges and developers that those problems were minor and would be fixed by release.

As AA said, the new features range from poorly implemented to unusable, and the gameplay has serious problems. This isn't complaining just for complaining, this is the most buggy console game I've ever seen.
During editing should I have switched care out for like? Would that have cleared it up more? Otherwise I once again have to plead ignorance because he's talking about pre-release, and in the article doesn't really say everything is rosy now etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »