Home

Apology to OMT - We have been hard

This is a discussion on Apology to OMT - We have been hard within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Apology to OMT - We have been hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
here's what I don't get about I spent my hard earned money criticism.

Every single year on next gen, NCAA has always had something wrong with it. Last year it was the turnover glitch. I don't remember what it was with '07. With that said, even if you played the demo or what not, given the fact that the game has had issues in the past and many felt that those issues caused them to feel cheated before, wouldn't it make sense to take a wait and see approach?

I don't understand that argument/criticism.
My criticism with that is that the demo is expected to be a trailer so to speak. Or like listening to :30 sec album previews on Itunes. You do that to know what your getting.

It would suck if you listened to a preview of a song/album, then when youbuy the whole thing, the rest of the song is messed up outside of that :30 sec window.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
My criticism with that is that the demo is expected to be a trailer so to speak. Or like listening to :30 sec album previews on Itunes. You do that to know what your getting.

It would suck if you listened to a preview of a song/album, then when youbuy the whole thing, the rest of the song is messed up outside of that :30 sec window.

All that aside, the ratings for this game are just stupid.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

PLEASE don't start turning this into what country calls "A bitch fest" LMAO

Lets keep it on track, if you feel adam deserves a apology, then give him that. If not please don't come here just to make it into a negative thread for the sake of it.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I also apologize to Adam (OMT).

Anything I criticize or flame about is directed towards EA, not Adam. It's just the fact he is the only one here we can talk to.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #21
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
PLEASE don't start turning this into what country calls "A bitch fest" LMAO

Lets keep it on track, if you feel adam deserves a apology, then give him that. If not please don't come here just to make it into a negative thread for the sake of it.
Agreed...

He's not even the gameplay guy from what i recall.

I personally enjoy the game. I'm definitely frustrated about some things, but man...there's a lot of game..They FINALLY fixed the atmosphere that i wanted back from the 04 and 05 days...Graphics? Forget about it man...Amazing. Lots of stadiums. Online dynasty.

Can't wait for that patch..It will fix a lot of issues.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
Maybe you should research your purchases next time if you work so hard for your money. If you buy a game sight-unseen when you obviously are aware of an internet forum from which to get a lot of info after the game releases, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger in the first week of release.

Next time, don't be in such a hurry to spend away your hard earned money so we don't have to listen to you complain here.
Both your points are valid, but you're on different wavelengths. Your criticism is pragmatic, his is MORAL. I agree with him in that a company that releases a product this flawed in its basic elements should in fact be apologizing to its consumers, not vice versa. Your point is well taken, however, and I feel burned that I didn't rent the game or hold off and check the forums first. But we all have products we're suckers for, and when the company screws you and takes advantage of your loyalty, that hurts.

Now it's great that Adam is here and taking steps to fix the game, but has he or anyone from EA offered US an apology yet for hours of wasted time, hours of frustration, and money gone down the crapper?

Imagine a doctor screws up your surgery. Then you have to tell him about it. Then he promises to fix what he can, but doesn't apologize and even chastises you for "crying over spilt milk." Different levels of seriousness, for sure, but same basic principle.

Last edited by sixthgradetyrant; 07-25-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

in my opinion is hard to tell what a sports game is going to be like when playing a small sample and playing on a difficulty level that one doesn't normally play.

I agree, that the demo gives you an idea of what you are getting, but I don't feel as though it "misrepresented" the game. There is no online dynasty in the demo, there is no slider adjustments in the demo and there are no roster changes in the demo which seem to be 3 of the biggest concerns that the game has.

The robo QB/deep ball issue in my opinion is exactly the same as it was in the demo. Also, the kick coverage is exactly how it was in the demo in my opinion. That was one of the biggest criticisms of the demo was that it was too easy to return kicks/punts.

As for the pass rush issue, that issue was mentioned by community leaders and even addressed on this board before the game was released and even before someone got the game early.

Just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yeah, I'm not apologizing for giving EA $60 of my hard earned money.
Just curious how you earned that $60 bucks....since it was hard earned ;-).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »