Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #33
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Patch 2 Info From Pasta Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Two words that I still haven't seen.

pass...****sh .

If all of that is fixed...then that's awesome. I just hope it includes the insane blocking ability by EVERY O lineman in the game.

At least cut the pancake/chop block animations down from 457 a game to about 2-3 per game.
My guess is, it wont include pass rush. I havent seen or heard ANYTHING that says it would be.

Id like to have Adam or Ian comment on this list, perhaps be a bit more specific and tell us if there is anything else to possibly be included.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #34
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
My guess is, it wont include pass rush. I havent seen or heard ANYTHING that says it would be.

Id like to have Adam or Ian comment on this list, perhaps be a bit more specific and tell us if there is anything else to possibly be included.
If it doesn't include pass rush...then NOTHING ELSE WILL MATTER .

Why? Because there isn't a defense on earth that is designed to hold up for 8-15 seconds...which is how long the average QB has to throw a pass with only a 4 man rush in NCAA 09.

Improved DB AI, Improved Zones..it won't mean squat if my 90+ rated D linemen are getting put on their butts every down by that 72 rated guard or tackle.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre)

Excited about the patch, but ill save any words of praise until I play the 'new' game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #36
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Why? Because there isn't a defense on earth that is designed to hold up for 8-15 seconds...which is how long the average QB has to throw a pass with only a 4 man rush in NCAA 09.

Improved DB AI, Improved Zones..it won't mean squat if my 90+ rated D linemen are getting put on their butts every down by that 72 rated guard or tackle.
I agree 100%. This is what I miss the most from the old-gen games. The pass rush seemed realistic. Now, you get no pressure at all (from a 4 man rush or if you blitz 3 additional LBs). The only time you get a sack is if you're lucky enough for the QB to roll to your side and stay there for 5 seconds.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4

might as well release the game in september next time
Old 07-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #38
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

I have a hunch that the reason why there isn't much of a pass rush is to reduce the likelihood of NCAA 08's INT party. Seriously. When the CPU QB is under pressure, what does it usually do? Throw into coverage or just throw blindly somewhere. Sure it may take a sack here and there. I have yet to see the CPU QB throw the ball away/out of bounds. Not once. It will just throw into coverage somewhere.

That is just my guess. I could be totally off-base, but that's my "hunch".
Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #39
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I have a hunch that the reason why there isn't much of a pass rush is to reduce the likelihood of NCAA 08's INT party. Seriously. When the CPU QB is under pressure, what does it usually do? Throw into coverage or just throw blindly somewhere. Sure it may take a sack here and there. I have yet to see the CPU QB throw the ball away/out of bounds. Not once. It will just throw into coverage somewhere.

That is just my guess. I could be totally off-base, but that's my "hunch".
I have said it and I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face.

If they don't address the severe lack of balance on the line of scrimmage...the complete lack of pass rush, the insane number of "pancake" animations each snap on DL, and the overall "Super Blocking" by EVERY linemen...70 rated, 80 rated, 90+ rated..doesn't matter...

If THAT issue isn't #1 as far as "tweaks" go...then NOTHING will change.

It's real simple. NO defense in the entire universe is designed to be able to cover receivers for 8-15 seconds. Nothing else will matter when QBs can literally eat a sandwich, watch TV, call their girlfriends, and still make their reads while the DEs and DTs do the "rodeo animation" lockup with the O line or, get knocked on their butts.

Bottom line.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #40
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

In all honesty, I'm now wondering what my options are for a full refund. Probably none, but I plan on contacting EA about my dissatisfaction on having to wait until September -- possibly, hell probably, longer -- to get a playable version of a game I paid $65 for on July 15. And I agree with AA, that if core gameplay on the defensive side isn't fixed (DL especially), then what's the use?

Again, in the consumer world, when a product fails to meet its basic requirements and a satisfactory replacement can't be had for 2 months, the consumer gets a REFUND. And no matter what anyone else says, a game with broken sliders and broken defensive gameplay is just that: broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »