Home

Dynasty Server Available - resolution

This is a discussion on Dynasty Server Available - resolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6
Dynasty Server Available - resolution

Fellow gamers.

I apologize if this has already been posted. But this evening I found a solution for a frustrating issue with online dynasties.

Problem: Sometimes after playing a game and then trying to connect to an online dynasty the error message comes up stating that "the dynasty servers are unavailable at this time." You have the option to retry or exit online dynasty. No matter how many times you retry or how long you wait you won't reconnect only leaving the user with the option to exit the online dynasty and lose the results from the completed game. Replaying the game causes the results to be submitted as a "restart".

This causes issues in some dynasties where "restarts" aren't accepted in order to prevent perceived unsportsmanlike conduct (cheating).

I had this issue when I completed my game in the Night Owl Dynasty this evening.

I had also gotten the same message after playing an offline game and then trying to connect to an online dynasty. When it would happen in this case, going to the dashboard and going right back into the game right away would allow me to connect to the dynasty servers immediately.

So tonight when I had the same issue after completing an online dynasty game I assumed that the results were lost. Since I had nothing to lose I decided to try another avenue. I went to my router and unplugged the network cable that connects my XBOX 360 and then reconnected it. A message came up on the screen stating that the connection was interrupted and that I would have to connect back to XBOX Live or EA's servers in order to continue. I selected reconnect and was immediately back on and then the retry of uploaded the game results worked.

I don't know if similar results can be achieved with a wireless adapter.

If this has already been discovered then this thread is a candidate for deletion, otherwise this thread may be a candidate to be stickied either on the main forum or the online forum.

I hope someone finds this useful.
Enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Dynasty Server Unavailable - resolution

Moderator,

The title of this thread should read "Dynasty Server Unavailable - resolution" vice "Dynasty Server Unavailable - resolution".

If this is truly new information, please edit the title of the thread appropriately.
Thank you.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Tickkid's Arena

OVR: 3

Excellent information! Thank you for this.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Rookie

ThatsWhatSheSaid's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone else tried this and has been successful?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dynasty Server Available - resolution

Yeah happened to me a few nights back, just signed out of Xbox Live without exiting the game or anything and signed right back in and there you go worked fine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i second that, it worked for me as well last night
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Yeah happened to me a few nights back, just signed out of Xbox Live without exiting the game or anything and signed right back in and there you go worked fine

It just worked for me as well. I wish I knew this info last Monday, could've saved one of my online dyansties. but it happened today and worked like a charm.Thanks.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow Nice find thanks....

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »