Home

OMT! Blatant Cheating!

This is a discussion on OMT! Blatant Cheating! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 03:21 AM   #1
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7
OMT! Blatant Cheating!

I know this may belong in the Online forum but I figure it would be noticed here first. I am an avid online gamer or at least was until the cheating frenzy began this year. I was the #1 ranked player online for NCAA 07 and NCAA 08 but all my victories were legit. This is no longer the case in NCAA 09.

At first glance I thought of the supersim option during online play as a genius idea and for legit players it really is. Having to finish an entire game when your opponent quits during the first quarter sucks. For the purpose the supersim option was a great idea.

Some players are manipulating this great option to climb the leaderboards cheaply. Its out of control! The leaderboard is so out of wack that there are players with 34-8 records ranked above players who are 41-5. I know online play may not be one of you guys biggest concerns but as fast as the online community is growing it needs attention.

What players are now doing is what has become known as "free-winning". I'm sure you guys are aware of this but it has never been this bad. Players are now picking superior teams (ex. Oh St., UF, OU, USC) and having their opponent pick a far inferior team (ex. Utah St.) and having them disconnect at kickoff then supersimming the game to end for a quick win.

This is ruffling the feathers of alot of the legit online players and forcing them to play less. We play for the fun of the game but watching how you stack up against the rest on the leaderboard is also part of the fun. Too bad it is being ruined. When a game is supersimmed as these guys are doing the score is reported as 0-0 by the server. Below is a link to that of the #1 ranked guy online. He did this 60 times today. Hopefully this is addressed. Thanks for reading my rant guys.http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/stats/index/id/46735
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OMT! Blatant Cheating!

This is why I only play with people on my friends list.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Final score is 0-0!?!?!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:47 AM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm just flat out sick of all of the cheating online. The same plays over in over! It's fricking pathetic! Football games are my least favorite to play online for this very reason.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #5
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

If I ever play online it will only be against people from here or friends I know. By the way that guy has most of his wins against the same people...so they must be in on it.

I never really cared about leader boards though...it seems like they can always be manipulated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 06:42 AM   #6
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
If I ever play online it will only be against people from here or friends I know. By the way that guy has most of his wins against the same people...so they must be in on it.

I never really cared about leader boards though...it seems like they can always be manipulated.
Oh their in on it alright. Its just terrible that online play has come to this. I just don't like cheaters thats all.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Same thing happens in NBA live where a guy sets up a dummy account then has one of his friends sign in with it Play until the second Quarter then quit and you get the 70-0 win even if your losing LOL. I now a Guy who's online record was like 371-5 GTFOH with that BS. Oh well maybe they can fix it NEXT YEAR
Old 07-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Are you complaining that a virtual scoreboard of usernames that no one cares about is being abused, or the fact that there are actually people out there who will spend hours on end figuring out ways to get their anonymous username on said board that no one cares about?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »