Home

What offensive play is the most unstoppable in this game?

This is a discussion on What offensive play is the most unstoppable in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
What offensive play is the most unstoppable in this game?

What offensive play is the most unstoppable in this game for you? Share your secrets here. I suck so I want to get better that's why I am asking. What play is most effective for you?
Please answer your your question in this format.

For me:

I-Form Slants: 70%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: What offensive play is the most unstoppable in this game?

If you run slants or crossing patterns with your quicker WR, it's just about impossible to stop.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Fluff E Bunny's Arena

OVR: 1

Z-Spot out of SG Y-Trips HB Wk (and others).

Incredibly fast and simple reads. Solo WR on the left side of the field does a basic post pattern. That is your first read. You check what I call the Linebacker-safety alley. You have to sort of visualize the spot where the WR will be cutting to the post. Watch that area and if you see the safety and LB on that side move away from that spot, throw it with a slight lead inside. If either defender hangs out in that area, you're done, go to read two.

Read two is the TE to the flat. Usually this will end up throwing. You want to look at the spot in the flat where the TE will be, if anyone is moving towards that area, incuding a trailing LB, a sinking safety or a CB playing a flat zone, go to read 3.

Read three is the WR on the TE side doing a slant hook. If you've gotten to this point you're probably giong to throw, but you have to give a quick look to the middle hook zone area to make sure there isn't a spy or dropping DL.

The last read, though you will rarely get there, is the corner route. Just make sure you lead to the outside so if your guy doesn't get it, nobody gets it.

You will be rolling to the right with the QB on this. Go into practice mode and you'll learn to make the reads incredibly fast.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
If you run slants or crossing patterns with your quicker WR, it's just about impossible to stop.
It should be if you have a really good WR, but even if the WR is open, the CPU's robo-LBs will jump in and pick it off about half the time.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
It should be if you have a really good WR, but even if the WR is open, the CPU's robo-LBs will jump in and pick it off about half the time.
Only if you throw the ball late. A quick slant is just that...quick. The only thing you need to be reading here is where the LBs drop after the ball is snapped. You should easily be able to see the passing lane and whether or not it is open. If it's not, just dump the ball to the RB. It's the easiest pass play in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

bump
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

I like the HB option(not the run) play. I know it's in the Ace Spread formation and the Ace Big formation. The HB comes out of the backfield and will either stop in the middle of the field or if there is a linebacker there he will cut to the sideline if there is no db there. More times than not that is an easy completion. TE and the WR will take the DB's with them on fly routes so it leaves that part of the field bucky naked. I know it's in South Carolina and Florida's playbook. At your playcalling screen go to pick a play by player, go to your HB plays and you will find it.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
I like the HB option(not the run) play. I know it's in the Ace Spread formation and the Ace Big formation. The HB comes out of the backfield and will either stop in the middle of the field or if there is a linebacker there he will cut to the sideline if there is no db there. More times than not that is an easy completion. TE and the WR will take the DB's with them on fly routes so it leaves that part of the field bucky naked. I know it's in South Carolina and Florida's playbook. At your playcalling screen go to pick a play by player, go to your HB plays and you will find it.
Thee abused play. I cant stand watching my linebacker get torched by the RB on out routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »