Home

Games come out to early and often.

This is a discussion on Games come out to early and often. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9
Games come out to early and often.

That's my opinion. With all the trouble we've had with sports games over the last 2 years i think games should be released a week before the reguler season starts? If that don't work then every other year and in the off year just give us a roster update. It's obvious to me there is not enough time to test these games right so they play well out of the box. Keep in mind that i'm glad there able to patch it but it shouldn't have to be that way, what about the guy who doesn't have access to a patch? He's out $60 with a messed up game! That's not right. The thing is EA isn't the only one to blame either, 2k sports has had plenty of problems to. It's almost like there saying lets get it out there and then we'll worry about the game play later because they can always patch it . Seems kinda greedy to me. Just so you all know i love sports games and want the best, i know there working hard and doing the best they can but they really need to change there philosphy on this because it's not right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Games come out to early and often.

I agree a game every 2 years could improve the product a lot, but thats only if that extra time is spent on gameplay.

Just look how much time has been wasted every year on features that are either overdone, or get removed a year or two down the road.

But sports games will never do this, because sadly, they make more profit putting out a mediocre game every year vs putting out a solid game every 2 years.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

It is pretty simple:

Customer: Bring out games every two years.
Game Developer: I really wish we had that extra time.
Game Publisher: Ehhhh, don't think so, we need to keep investors happy.
Investor in said Publisher: We like $. $ makes us happy.
John Riccitiello: Our investors “don’t give a poo about quality"
Customer: It shows.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

What about a beta release in July and the game launching in August? I mean this release is more or less a beta, but you'd have less angry customers if you only gave it out to 1000 people and called it what it is, a beta.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I would like to see NCAA in particular be released right before the season instead to give them more time to fix problems with the game. This game obviously could have benefited from some extra development time, then maybe the patches wouldn't be necassary. Also the poster above me brought up a good point maybe release a beta and then allow some feedback that would help polish the game. Sports games are rushed out the door compared to other games and you can clearly see a big difference in polish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

And go against it's Big brother, Never that NCAA 09 will get cancelled faster than College Hoops 2k8 :-X
Old 07-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
What about a beta release in July and the game launching in August? I mean this release is more or less a beta, but you'd have less angry customers if you only gave it out to 1000 people and called it what it is, a beta.
that wouldn't help a whole lot. a month bewteen beta and retail release? it would take more than that to test and get the game certified. so any suggested changes from beta to retail would still have to come way by a downloaded patch. it would be better than nothing i suppose.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that wouldn't help a whole lot. a month bewteen beta and retail release? it would take more than that to test and get the game certified. so any suggested changes from beta to retail would still have to come way by a downloaded patch. it would be better than nothing i suppose.
Then release the beta in June. Fact is that the patch coming in September should be what the game has in it in July.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »